Talk

Advanced search

To think after 3 phonecalls, 5 tweets and an email I should have a bloody refund!

(4 Posts)
FoxtrotFoxtrotSierra Wed 03-Oct-12 15:01:15

I ordered something online to collect in store last Friday, and when I got to the store it was no longer there - it had closed down. My email said it was at that particular store so I had no reason to suspect it was closed.

DH called customer service, was promised a call back which didn't materialise so we called again and I asked for a refund. This was promised on Friday afternoon.

On Saturday night, having not had any notification of a refund I sent an email, which had an automated response saying they'd be in touch within one working day. By close of play Monday there had been no response so DH took to Twitter. We were promised that someone would be in touch, but by 5.30 they hadn't so I called to find out what was going on and was told the department was closed (it said it was open until 6pm on the website). I've not heard a peep from them today.

AIBU to want my money back and an apology. I mean, it's their mistake and they seem to be doing their utmost to stop me ever wanting to shop there again.

OnwardBound Wed 03-Oct-12 15:13:06

What store is it? Is it a chain store or an independent?

I just wonder if there is more to this.... in that the chain you bought from is closing down it's operations entirely... not just this one particular shop?

FoxtrotFoxtrotSierra Wed 03-Oct-12 15:32:51

I hadn't thought of that - it's a chain jeweller. I wonder if they are in trouble?

OnwardBound Wed 03-Oct-12 15:42:35

Did you pay for the item on credit card?

If so, you should be able to claim back the money from credit card company.

But yes, I wondered if your company might be the latest to fall victim to the recession.

Haven't heard anything about a chain jeweller but someone with more knowledge about these sort of things might be along shortly...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now