Talk

Advanced search

To go on holiday in the easter hols

(14 Posts)
pouffepants Tue 02-Oct-12 20:03:51

I have a son in year 11. We usually go on holiday in the may half term, but that doesn't seem a good idea this year due to imminent exams.

So we thought it might be more sensible to go at easter (April), but I've just realised that with modules and things he has exams at funny times that I don't understand. From what I can see googling, it looks like the exams are in march and then may/june. But I don't know what exam board he is taking, and he's not here to ask, and we've just found something that we'd like to book tonight.

So, is that a good idea? Or do some boards do exams in April? Thanks to anyone in the know.

pointythings Tue 02-Oct-12 20:16:32

Can't he go on holiday anyway and revise while he's away? I remember doing this in my A-level year - major exams immediately after Christmas (Holland, different system) - I just took my work with me, did 2 hours a day, aced the lot.

Mintyy Tue 02-Oct-12 20:18:19

Why don't you wait til you know before asking a bunch of random strangers?

ffs

pouffepants Tue 02-Oct-12 20:21:27

Because he's not here tonight, and we've just found ONE caravan left on a site that we can afford at easter.

He did some last year, and I know from experience that revision that was supposed to have been done on hol, doesn't happen. As much our fault as his, because we go out for very long days.

Xroads Tue 02-Oct-12 20:21:56

Can't you call him/ bbm/ txt/ msn him to find out?

I'm envy as I want to book a holiday but am waiting until April 2014 still search them though even though the dates i want don't come up yet

pouffepants Tue 02-Oct-12 20:23:58

I've called him, but he doesn't know which board they are without looking at stuff which is in his room (somewhere).

Xroads Tue 02-Oct-12 20:25:02

WQill it make much difference if you book it tomorrow?

pouffepants Tue 02-Oct-12 20:27:06

Don't know, worried it's the last one.

Anonymumous Tue 02-Oct-12 20:27:45

Why don't you just put your holiday off until the summer, just for once? Then he gets a nice break once his exams are safely out of the way, without any distractions.

pouffepants Tue 02-Oct-12 20:28:10

Anyway, don't worry, I just thought there might be a simple answer because all the exams come in certain time periods or something.

overthemill Tue 02-Oct-12 20:28:17

look at school website, it will probably give you an idea of boards they use

pouffepants Tue 02-Oct-12 20:29:13

I can't get any time off work in the summer next year, or October.

pouffepants Tue 02-Oct-12 20:31:14

I've been on the school website, can't find anything, but I may well be too stupid to find it.

overthemill Thu 04-Oct-12 08:51:59

in that case, go on to the local authority website ( education bit) and they will have a chart for school holidays - there may be some variation but only by a few days due to teacher training days . or, call the school???

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now