Talk

Advanced search

To ignore DH loud parenting/complaining?

(20 Posts)
NickNacks Tue 02-Oct-12 18:38:12

I'm currently in the bath having a soak after a long day. He had annual leave today and has tomorrow and Thursday also with Friday Saturday Sunday being rest days. Older DC have been at school, DD has been out and about with me whilst I worked (am a CM) and I cooked for everyone whilst he sat on the bed on his iPad because he finds the after schoolers too noisy.

No real problem so far, he went food shopping, the gym and took ds1 to look around a new school so hasn't been lazy but....

He's now stacking the dishwasher and loudly acting harassed and clearly hinting for me to go help because he can't amuse toddler Dd at the same time and she's being a nuisance. Hey ho I manage very regularly so AIBU to continue enjoying my bath? Or should I take pity and get out?

DawnOfTheDee Tue 02-Oct-12 18:39:45

Ignore him. Enjoy your bath.

NervousAt20 Tue 02-Oct-12 18:39:45

Ignor grin sit back, relax and enjoy a LONG soak in the bath

DawnOfTheDee Tue 02-Oct-12 18:40:41

Actually on second thoughts I think you should get out. Then get yourself a large glass of wine and get back in. grin

KenLeeeeeee Tue 02-Oct-12 18:41:21

Actually on second thoughts I think you should get out. Then get yourself a large glass of wine and get back in

THIS!

MyLastDuchess Tue 02-Oct-12 18:42:33

I don't listen to hints (or give them). Only a polite "Can you please X because Y" works on me. In this case the answer would be "Not right now, I'm in the bath!"

NickNacks Tue 02-Oct-12 18:43:21

Haha! I don't have any wine in the house unfortunately or that would def be on the cards!

PropositionJoe Tue 02-Oct-12 18:45:16

Stay RIGHT where you are!!

balia Tue 02-Oct-12 18:45:40

I think you should get out of the bath on safety grounds - I'm sure you shouldn't have electrical equipment in there!

NickNacks Tue 02-Oct-12 18:45:42

I heard him just tell the kids that he had a headache from the noise. He must have low tolerance. I went to a music class with 15 under 3's today (with instruments!) and still came out smiling. smile

ChaoticismyLife Tue 02-Oct-12 18:46:33

Shame about the wine. Otherwise I would have suggested that you text him to ask him to bring you some while you're relaxing wink

NickNacks Tue 02-Oct-12 18:47:28

Ah I always dread I don't drop my phone in here!

NickNacks Tue 02-Oct-12 18:48:37

I think I can imagine the response I'd get to that request. hmm

SquishyCinnamonSwirls Tue 02-Oct-12 18:49:46

Definitely stay where you are grin

clippityclop Tue 02-Oct-12 18:51:06

I'd let a bit of water out, top it up with hot again and give him a shout for a glass of wine.

LRDtheFeministDragon Tue 02-Oct-12 18:59:40

I love that you're MNing from the bath! Probably forgoing the wine is best or you'll drop your phone in the water.

But yes - stay right there.

freddiefrog Tue 02-Oct-12 19:07:51

Definately stay where you are

And make sure the door's locked so he can't send your DD in to hassle you

AdoraBell Tue 02-Oct-12 19:34:34

ONLY get out of that bath if the baby sitter has arrived and DH is taking you to your fav fab restaurant

AdoraBell Tue 02-Oct-12 19:36:35

ONLY get out of that bath if the baby sitter has arrived and DH is taking you to your fav fab restaurant

AdoraBell Tue 02-Oct-12 20:15:07

Don't know how I managed to double post, I blame technology

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now