Talk

Advanced search

Almost knocked down by Citylink bus

(7 Posts)
Tweet2tweet Tue 02-Oct-12 15:19:44

Given that Citylink have ignored my complaint and seem to think it's okay to go through a red light at a heavily used pedestrian crossing at 30 MPH almost knocking down a pregnant woman- thought I'd rant about it on Mumsnet.

The driver didn't even glance at the pedestrians. Got his reg and sent it in to Citylink and they haven't even graced with a response. Caused a lot of distress to pregnant pedestrian and is about 200m from a primary school!

Well done Citylink- great advert for how you don't care!

Paiviaso Tue 02-Oct-12 15:27:20

Is there CCTV at this crossing? Perhaps this would more appropriate for 101?

Tweet2tweet Tue 02-Oct-12 15:42:59

I'd never heard about 101- thanks for letting me know. I'm in Scotland though so not sure that there's 101 here.

CailinDana Tue 02-Oct-12 15:44:46

Don't bother with Citylink, report him to the police.

Hope you're ok, you must have been scared.

Tweet2tweet Tue 02-Oct-12 16:03:50

Was just really shocked, just so glad there were no primary kids about. Thanks for asking though smile

kekouan Tue 02-Oct-12 16:05:48

Report to police.

THERhubarb Tue 02-Oct-12 16:08:58

I cross at a crossing every morning and afternoon with my 8yo son taking him to school and back. We've seen loads of cars run the red light, even whilst we are both on the road crossing.

I have contacted the police on many occasions with reg numbers but they say that unless there are other independent witnesses who can verify, it's just my word against theirs and nothing they can do about it.

CCTV cameras have been taken off most traffic lights thanks to local councils trying to cut costs.

Personally OP I would get the number of Citylink, ring them and put in an official complaint that way. Letters can be ignored but phone calls can't.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now