Talk

Advanced search

odd socks.

(27 Posts)

Are they a big deal on a 3.9 yo at preschool where there is no uniform and she has trainers and jeans on?

Really. AIBU? Should I be ashamed that somedays I send her in odd socks?

LadySybildeChocolate Tue 02-Oct-12 15:09:29

Trick is to buy only one colour for everyone, then it doesn't matter if they are odd as you can't tell. wink

Yes, I should stop getting sidetracked by the lovely bright colours grin

Apparently it constitutes abuse. Hence the aibu!

bumpybecky Tue 02-Oct-12 15:13:45

were they clean?

more important than matching imho

LadySybildeChocolate Tue 02-Oct-12 15:14:05

Abuse? shock Ds rarely goes to school in a pair of matching socks. Luckily, his are mostly grey so no one notices. grin

bumpybecky Tue 02-Oct-12 15:15:02

and by clean I mean, clean on this morning, not actually still clean by the time you get to preschool! smile

<I have several children with amazing muck attracting power!>

frootshoots Tue 02-Oct-12 15:15:15

YANBU, socks are socks, they do the same job regardless of their pattern. Although you have just reminded me that I wore one red and one black sock this morning under my boots... I opened the door to Mr Ocado a couple of hours ago with no boots on... I don't think he noticed grin

Yes clean and the same size.

It wasnt the school btw. It was her arsehole father. I do suspect IANBU but genuinely dont know what people think of odd socks.

ChunkyPickle Tue 02-Oct-12 15:16:48

Good lord, I rarely go out in matching socks, DS doesn't stand a hope!

The only reason DP manages it is that his socks are all identical (whereas I can't resist brightly coloured ones for DS and me)

SillyBeardyDaddyman Tue 02-Oct-12 15:16:48

My sister insists on wearing odd socks at all times...

LadySybildeChocolate Tue 02-Oct-12 15:17:40

He needs to get over himself, it's a silly thing to spend time nagging about. Socks are socks. It doesn't matter if they match or not. Life's just too short to spend worrying about such trivialities.

iseenodust Tue 02-Oct-12 15:17:49

DS frequently wears odd socks to school. Am a bit annoyed they haven't picked him up on it - thought it was a battle they could have not me grin

Buglove Tue 02-Oct-12 15:17:50

I'm a little OCD and must have matching socks!

ChunkyPickle Tue 02-Oct-12 15:18:11

I do draw the line personally at different size socks - ie. they can be mis-matched, but from the same set IYSWIM.

DP doesn't even go that far when dressing DS - he'll dress him in one monster sock, and one fire-engine sock.

I think it looks cute

Buglove Tue 02-Oct-12 15:18:15

And I throw away all odd ones...

Twitterqueen Tue 02-Oct-12 15:20:00

I gave up on matching socks about 3 years ago. Life is too short.

All socks go into one clean laundry sock box. And we each pick out socks from there. None of us now care about whether or not they match. And to be honest, I really don't think anyone else does either.

If anyone wants a matching pair they simply take more time to sort thru them all!

Twitterqueen Tue 02-Oct-12 15:21:23

I forgot to say this was in part prompted by dog, who loves to pinch socks lying around the house and bury them in the garden smile.

Also, apparently her jumper is dirty. The clean one I sent her in.

After a morning at school where they were painting, eating etc.

But thats not why its dirty. Its dirty because I dont wash it hmm

So tired of this crap. I have ignored his texts and will continue to do so smile

Twitterqueen Tue 02-Oct-12 15:22:30

And of course my dog would NEVER dream of burying a matching pair!

grin twitter.

Our dog ate a sock and had to get treatment.

He then ate another one.

They werent matching either.

YeahBuddy Tue 02-Oct-12 15:24:40

I haven't worn a matching pair of socks since I was about 14 grin so YANBU. Ignore him some more wink

elizaregina Tue 02-Oct-12 15:51:07

i think there is FAR more to worry about in life!!!
DH family are OBSESSED with socks and odd socks, I absoluty refuse to make it an issue.

we dont purposely out odd ones on, but if they are odd....so be it. then DH isnt in a customer facing role.

MIl nealry fainted once when she saw DH had my sisters size 3 sock on, his size 12 feet.....and with a hole in it!

dont worry about it - esp not at pre school, tell him to get a life or buy her all matching socks!

Like loo seats being left up or down, i really cant give it head space...

grin Eliza

Im sitting here wondering how a size three fits a size twelve!! But then the hole might explain it...

Oh its all just so tiring. A sock is just a sock. But hes so offended by it.

Mrsjay Tue 02-Oct-12 15:59:49

My children think it is there birthday if they have a pair of socks grin always buy the same colour and then who cares ,

FreePeaceSweet Tue 02-Oct-12 16:02:35

I had enough odd socks to fill a cushion cover. Its very heavy but great for resting plates of food or the laptop on when sat on the couch.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now