Talk

Advanced search

to just not understand how people can let their pets share their bed?

(118 Posts)
irishchic Tue 02-Oct-12 12:28:19

Is it just me who finds the thought of dogs, cats and guinea pets sharing their owners bed absolutely disgusting? And btw i like pets, I just think they do not belong in the bedroom. Think of the fur, danders, fleas etc...ugh!!

irishchic Tue 02-Oct-12 12:28:43

guinea PIGS not pets!

azazello Tue 02-Oct-12 12:30:40

Other people have different views on what is disgusting.

I like having a nice soft cat weight lying on the duvet around my feet. It's very comfortable and a lot less wriggly than a toddler.

notsofrownieface Tue 02-Oct-12 12:31:54

Aww my two labs share the bed with me and dp, I do hoover the bed and change the sheets often enough though. Its nice in winter to have a lab shaped foot warmer grin

YANBU!! When I had cats it was lovely having them sleep on the bed with us....they were part of the family.

Not all pets have fleas you know and so what about the fur?? Humans shed skin......cats shed fur.....so what!

I have to say, I have never heard of anyone sharing a bed with a guinea pig though....wouldnt they poo in it?? I would draw the line at that grin

Sorry, meant to say YABU

RikersBeard Tue 02-Oct-12 12:32:42

I used to let my cat on the end of the bed until the live-blackbird-at-4am incident.

I can confirm that my 2year old leaves more residue in the bed than my cat ever did.

GlitterySkulls Tue 02-Oct-12 12:32:59

my dog's probably cleaner than most people- and she doesn't have fleas, either.

this is her house too, & she can go where she likes.

NameChangeGalore Tue 02-Oct-12 12:33:58

Yes I find it yucky. I also hate seeing dogs lick their owners <bleugh>

cozietoesie Tue 02-Oct-12 12:34:44

My cat's definitely cleaner than most people!

Pagwatch Tue 02-Oct-12 12:34:45

I can't believe that anyone would get in a bed with Peter Doherty but Kate Moss, who could probably be picky, did.

OldGreyWiffleTest Tue 02-Oct-12 12:34:54

What you find 'disgusting' other people don't. 'Tis the way of the world.

WelshMaenad Tue 02-Oct-12 12:36:14

My pets are definitely cleaner than some humans.

irishchic Tue 02-Oct-12 12:36:52

Hmmmm...maybe IABU. I just could never do it though. My sister would though. She also lets friendly dogs lick her face which I also cannot comprehend, the dog could have been licking its balls just before licking her!

VikingVagine Tue 02-Oct-12 12:37:13

I'd love to let my cats sleeps on the bed, but they would wake us up in the middle of the night. I do love it when they come in for cuddles on lazy Sunday mornings, along with the DCs!

cocolepew Tue 02-Oct-12 12:37:16

My dog is clean and is cheaper than an electric blanket.

issey6cats Tue 02-Oct-12 12:39:19

i have four cats but non of them are allowed in my bedroom, they have all the rest of the house but no i dont want them in bed with me thank you,

DinosaursOnASpaceship Tue 02-Oct-12 12:39:45

I couldn't share my bed with a pet. I think it's gross (sorry!) but then I don't have any pets as I'm not really a pet person so don't understand whole cuddling an animal thing.

Mydogsleepsonthebed Tue 02-Oct-12 12:40:53

Emmm YABU but my name might have given away where I stand (or sleep) on this one grin

HazleNutt Tue 02-Oct-12 12:41:03

Fleas? My pets most certainly don't have fleas.

oohlaalaa Tue 02-Oct-12 12:41:20

YANBU. Gross.

Pandemoniaa Tue 02-Oct-12 12:42:51

I've shared a bed with people who were a deal less hygienic than the dog. I know which I prefer!

CMOTDibbler Tue 02-Oct-12 12:43:19

All our cats sleep on the bed, and when I give in and a dog joins our family, it probably will too. Oh, and the rabbit sleeps with ds.

mrsbugsywugsy Tue 02-Oct-12 12:47:11

My cat shares my bed. She serves as my hot water bottle and alarm clock.

She's cleaner and takes up less space than my DP so if anyone goes it's him <just kidding>

MothershipG Tue 02-Oct-12 12:49:25

My kids have nits all the bloomin' time! Wish you could get frontline for kids, my dogs are treated so they don't get fleas.

I chose small affectionate dogs because that is what I wanted in a dog, I could understand not wanting big, hairy smelly dogs on the bed, but I'm very happy to sleep with my mini-hot-water bottles - and the best thing is that they never go cold! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now