Talk

Advanced search

to think they should have paid the postage

(5 Posts)
whoneedssleepanyway Tue 02-Oct-12 10:24:53

I placed an order from a small on-line company last week, they despatched the goods to me twice but charged me once (goods value £25). I emailed them and explained their mistake and said if they sent me a stamped addressed envelope I would post the extra goods back to them. They said it wasn't possible for them to send a stamped addressed envelope but if I posted it back with a note inside they would refund the postage. So I have been to post office, posted the goods back and paid for it myself (OK not mega bucks but a few quid) and emailed them to say I have done this and have heard nothing from them.

Am really pissed off that I put myself out to do the right thing so they wouldn't be out of pocket and they can't even be bothered to acknowledge my email and say thanks let alone reimburse the money they now owe me, I am a mug I should have insisted they sent me an envelope.

Ithinkitsjustme Tue 02-Oct-12 11:05:33

I wouldn't have returned the item without a sse, but that's me. Good on you for being honest about it.

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Tue 02-Oct-12 11:16:00

How long have you been waiting for a reply?

WorraLiberty Tue 02-Oct-12 11:19:39

I would have insisted on the postage up front or for them to send someone to pick it up.

I know it's too late now, but if they really wanted it back they would have arranged that.

Argos did this to me. I ordered and paid for 1 kitchen bin and the guy brought 2. I tried to give him one back but he said he couldn't accept it and I'd have to ring Argos, who would then contact him and ask him to come and pick it up hmm

I tried for over an hour to get through to their customer services line and then got angry and gave up.

whoneedssleepanyway Tue 02-Oct-12 11:27:49

Quite a few days outraged, I know not long but funnily enough she replied to my email almost instantly when I emailed to point out they had sent the goods twice.

Worra you are right, I can't believe I didn't say they had to send me an envelope, it is a small business run from home so she could have gone to the post office herself and done the envelope...rather than me!!!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now