Talk

Advanced search

AIBU too many/unwanted gift?

(11 Posts)
Pictureperfect Tue 02-Oct-12 00:38:28

The topic of request no gifts, too many gifts, too many toys, kids being given things they are too old or young for. AIBU to think both the child and parent could send some of them to a really poorly little girl or boy to make them smile and cheer them up? I've been sending parcels to them for years, it's amazing how one card can change someone's day. Party bag bits From various parties could make a fun bag for a kid having chemo or a toy to make them smile. I send through Post Pals, some of the kids I have sent to have died, others got better which is nice to see www.postpals.co.uk
AIBU to think not only could it solve a parents problem but it could bring joy to another family

WorraLiberty Tue 02-Oct-12 00:43:46

What a fantastic website shock

I have no idea why I've never heard of it before but thank you OP, I've bookmarked it.

I know my DS's would probably love to email/post letters to the kids on there.

HerRoyalNotness Tue 02-Oct-12 00:45:04

It is brilliant! Bumping for you, perhaps MNhQ can also highlight this on one of their banners

WorraLiberty Tue 02-Oct-12 01:00:06

It really is a great website.

I'm going to send the link to my DS's school and suggest they get the kids to write to other kids as part of their literacy drive.

ripsishere Tue 02-Oct-12 02:06:51

Fantastic site. I'll show it to my DD later. She would love to be in touch with a child in the UK outside of her bloody Facebook 'friends'.

Alligatorpie Tue 02-Oct-12 03:05:49

Great site, thanks for introducing me to it!

katykuns Tue 02-Oct-12 03:19:53

Thank you for posting the site!

musicalendorphins Tue 02-Oct-12 03:25:22

Great idea!

Pictureperfect Tue 02-Oct-12 16:24:56

Thank you smile poorly kids are away from other children so much of the time, it's extra special when another child contacts them

quoteunquote Tue 02-Oct-12 16:33:56

great link, adding it to FB, thanks.

Pictureperfect Wed 03-Oct-12 22:19:12

Bumping back up

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now