Talk

Advanced search

To think it was all better in the old days

(14 Posts)
FunnysInLaJardin Mon 01-Oct-12 22:51:59

when folk didn't report, but just dealt with it on the thread..........and it was all just OK and folk got the spirit of MN.

I yearn for it. It used to be all green fields around here....

TheLadyinTheRadiator bit my head off, Trills was TrillianAstra, LaQueen was LeQueen, UsualSuspect3 was UsualSuspect, BOF was ABitOfFun and ExPatInScotland spoke sense to all and sundry. Plus on the odd occasion Cod would tell you your were a nob.

<sigh, sob, sigh> <I have been here too long>

monkeysbignuts Mon 01-Oct-12 22:53:56

people only report if you say something really rude to them. I am all for people disagreeing with me that's fine but resorting to personal attacks then what do you expect?

ohforfoxsake Mon 01-Oct-12 22:54:45

Oh I agree with you <goes all misty eyed>

MrSunshine Mon 01-Oct-12 22:57:55

hmm

tethersend Mon 01-Oct-12 23:00:28

<sigh>

Nostalgia aint what it used to be.

PomBearWithAnOFRS Mon 01-Oct-12 23:01:13

I told someone to fuck off and someone else reported it confused So many delicate little flowers, so little time... grin and I haven't even been here that long

CommunistMoon Mon 01-Oct-12 23:05:01

YABU. HTH.

AllDirections Tue 02-Oct-12 00:15:25

I insinuated to someone that she was being smug and my post got deleted shock

That was my first deleted post...

I am sooooo part of the Mumsnet family now grin

SuperB0F Tue 02-Oct-12 00:20:35

I never had an 'A', but apart from that, yeah, it was all groovy grin.

FunnysInLaJardin Tue 02-Oct-12 09:43:34

soz about that BOF. I have to say though it rather suits you, tops of the whole thing like a particularly jaunty hat.

All you soooo are part of the family now, you also need to strive to have a whole thread deleted, get a warning and finally a ban and you will truly have arrived

AllDirections Thu 04-Oct-12 15:40:58

Don't you find though that the people who are quick to complain about being insulted are the ones who have been insulting on a regular basis, not just on here but in real life too?

If people can't take the crap then they really shouldn't be dishing it out themselves cos eventually people snap.

PostBellumBugsy Thu 04-Oct-12 15:48:36

Nah, I prefer it now. I've been here on & off since MN was very teeny indeed way back in 2000. I used to "know" in the virtual sense almost everyone who posted. Then it got all cliquey & there were those who tended to wade in as the voice of reason, which was all well & good, but it tended to close down discussion.
Now, MN is huge & less personal. I think the MN team have a fairly good idea of reported stuff that should come off & when it shouldn't. They're not perfect all the time - but then neither are we! grin

FunnysInLaJardin Thu 04-Oct-12 15:50:44

All the webchat today with MNHQ was interesting and gave some pointers as to what was and what wasn't OK insult wise!

threesocksmorgan Thu 04-Oct-12 15:52:34

yanbu
what is the matter with people, they report PA's and disablist posts. terrible.
they should be left and people should deal with it.........
yeah right

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now