Talk

Advanced search

To think that xfactor should be for undiscovered talent?

(13 Posts)
needsomesunshine Mon 01-Oct-12 17:32:53

Ystdy my husband said he recognised Nathan from xfactor. For once he was write. Has already worked with JLS, Ndubz, the Wanted & Wretch32. Also has a current record contract. I thought Xfactor was for undiscovered talent? Don't know why I'm surprised. I know it's not really about how talented the contestants are more about ratings. I know I could stop watching but ds's love the show

coldcupoftea Mon 01-Oct-12 17:34:53

Which one is Nathan? YANBU though.

Whitecherry Mon 01-Oct-12 17:35:20

Carolynne also got through to judges houses last year, think that's a tiny bit unfair too

Whitecherry Mon 01-Oct-12 17:35:53

Oh,and Rylan did that Katie Price show too.

TheLazyGirlBlog Mon 01-Oct-12 17:37:51

Rylan should be stopped, he's like every bad TOWIE based stereotype rolled into one annoying human twat and amped up about 80 notches. Surely the Wagner of this year?

myalias Mon 01-Oct-12 17:38:22

The whole show is a fix, after watching last years shower I have stopped watching it. The Voice was no better just another X Factor mark 2. The only music programme worth watching these days is Jools Holland.

midori1999 Mon 01-Oct-12 17:45:56

Lucy Spraggan. who I love, has an album on Itunes too. It doesn't seem fair and yes, I do feel it should be for undiscovered talent.

I am also not sure which one is Nathan though?

bureni Mon 01-Oct-12 17:47:40

The show seems to revolve around what people look like as much as their singing ability, would the results be any different if it was a radio contest only?

needsomesunshine Mon 01-Oct-12 17:59:12

Here is his wiki page. Hope the link works. http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Starboy_Nathan%23section_2

chipsandpeas Mon 01-Oct-12 18:02:38

some of them are invited to audition, same as the voice and BGT

NatashaBee Mon 01-Oct-12 18:05:12

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

slowestwildebeast Mon 01-Oct-12 18:14:49

Of course the show's a fix. It's a brand.

If people stopped watching and talking about it then it would stop.
I want it to stop. It's dire.

The people are tedious, I haven't even watched it yet I know each person and their tripe 'journey' through updates and media coverage.

And much as I dislike Liz Jones, her comments about Tulisa and her book were right. People on Xfactor are mentored by idiots.

Wheresmypopcorn Mon 01-Oct-12 18:17:34

Does anyone still think this show is about talent? (undiscovered or otherwise) I do think it takes advantage of people who so want a break that they'll sign away too much of a percentage of themselves, making the X Factor bosses very rich in the process. Sounding jaded here, I realise, but most of the winners have faded away again.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now