Talk

Advanced search

to wonder how long to wait

(4 Posts)
flutesgolden Mon 01-Oct-12 13:39:37

We have just put an offer in on a house and are wondering how long before they come back to us.? We really need to get out of the area as there has been some quite unpleasant things going on and I don't want to bring my children up around this. Thanks in advance all Xx

attheendoftheday Mon 01-Oct-12 15:31:50

When we were house hunting, people mostly got back to us within the day, in one case we had to wait from Friday until Monday.

If you're having to wait longer I'd wonder if they have other viewings and are waiting to see if they have a better offer. Not sure what you can do about it, though.

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Mon 01-Oct-12 16:25:21

There isn't a standard answer, because it can take a while or it can be almost instant. It depends on whether the vendors are devoting their lives to getting a house sale or if they are doing it alongside other things that keep them busy, and if they have to make the decision with others or if they can just accept/decline there and then.

If you put the offer in this afternoon, I would hope to hear back by tomorrow afternoon. If nothing by Wednesday morning, ring the agents.

WorraLiberty Mon 01-Oct-12 16:26:12

Ring the Estate agent and ask?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now