Talk

Advanced search

Anyone watch x factor aibu to think?

(40 Posts)
yellowkite Sun 30-Sep-12 20:27:33

That James Arthur seems to really doubt himself and seemingly his appearance am I the only one who thinks he's lovely?

ratbagcatbag Sun 30-Sep-12 20:28:49

I think he's sweet smile

ratbagcatbag Sun 30-Sep-12 20:29:28

Grrrrr that Rylan's through though FFS!!!

GrannyRat Sun 30-Sep-12 20:30:04

Really like him. Wish he'd ditch those glasses though.

Cannot bear Rylan. Arse.

Whitecherry Sun 30-Sep-12 20:30:59

Rylan did my head in on the Other show, the Katie price one.

pongysticks Sun 30-Sep-12 20:31:38

I love his voice too, but I think they will style him but hope he gets to keep his lovely personality. Rylan is annoying me as he's had his chance on Katie's show, so just fame hungry.

DialMforMummy Sun 30-Sep-12 20:45:04

I like him.
This Rylan reminds me of SBC in Brüno. He is unbearable. You lot are U to watch the Katie Price programme wink

yellowkite Sun 30-Sep-12 20:55:13

I think he actually needs his glasses for his eyesight.

I think he's gorgeous

Runs away now

Rosduk Sun 30-Sep-12 20:59:37

We have decided here that judges pick straws and whoever has the short straw gets the novelty act. Nicole lost this year- Rylan must be it!

alphabite Sun 30-Sep-12 21:14:45

I think James is ugly but that's not important. He has a lovely voice. Rylan is a plastic ken doll and because of his rediculous reaction shouldn't have gone through.

JeezyOrangePips Sun 30-Sep-12 21:20:35

Alphabite, it's really sad that you judge people as being 'ugly'. Especially someone that appears to be so quiet, unassuming and lovely as James.

Purple2012 Sun 30-Sep-12 21:25:50

James isn't ugly, yes he isn't conventionally good looking but I bet that is partly down to lack of confidence meaning he doesn't make the best of himself. It's a shame when people judge on looks.

GhouliaYelps Sun 30-Sep-12 21:26:16

No he is no way "ugly" he has lovely features and he is really humble and sweet. How can anyone say he is ugly!

NopofacehaveI Sun 30-Sep-12 21:26:19

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Whitecherry Sun 30-Sep-12 21:26:20

Carolynne is annoying me already

mummyonvalium Sun 30-Sep-12 21:26:22

I like Rylan. I find him funny and rather amusing.

Really love James though. Part of his charm and charisma comes from his nerves. I really hope they don't ruin him and take away his individuality.

alphabite Sun 30-Sep-12 21:34:32

Nothing wrong with being ugly. I'm ugly too. Better then pretending he's cute so you look nicer than nice PC. Just being honest.

JeezyOrangePips Sun 30-Sep-12 21:39:29

But what is ugly? For me true ugliness is not in how someone looks, it's in who they are. If someone is a truly ugly person ( and I'm not dire ivf met any) then there would be something wrong with it, as their redeeming qualities would be few.

James is clearly not ugly - inside or out.

tanfastic Sun 30-Sep-12 21:41:23

James is not ugly! I think he has charisma.

Rylan is fame mad, I've seen him on John Bishop and apparently Katie Price's show. He's completely OTT and quite obviously the novelty act. I'll be interested to see how seriously they'll style him.

alphabite Sun 30-Sep-12 21:46:02

Oh come on jeezy. People can be ugly and still have lovely personalities. James is one of those people. I am ugly but that has nothing to do with me as a person.

cfc Sun 30-Sep-12 21:49:09

Someone can call someone ugly as it's a subjective thing.

But there is rarely anyone out there who I would call ugly because there's always something pleasant to look at in a person, be that their clear skin, pretty eyes, full lips...or there's an odd attractiveness to them that it's hard to put into words.

It's harsh to call someone ugly but it's truly in the eye of the beholder and it doesn't matter much does it (unless they hear you call them ugly which would make me sad). My sis always thought Denise Welch was really attractive whereas she is one person I would say to look at, through my eyes, is ugly. There are some supermodels out there who are ugly, according to what I class as ugly.

Anyway, I think this chap is different - different is good. I think he's attractive and it's not all to do with his face.

I've been laughed into more beds than I've been seduced into by looks. And God knows I've done my fair share of seduction and I am by NO MEANS a good looking woman.

Here endeth the lesson.

alphabite Sun 30-Sep-12 21:53:17

Cfc. Some good points there. I also think different is good and I do think James will go far in the competition.

Whitecherry Sun 30-Sep-12 21:53:32

I said to dd I can't take to James because he looks like someone from my past. Reminds me of him, and I can't get past that yet

yellowkite Sun 30-Sep-12 22:00:14

There's not many people I'd call ugly, I can see something attractive in most people.

Plus these days I tend to think of ugly as more of a personality trait than how you look.

I honestly think James is gorgeous and not because I'm trying to be pc but because it's what I think! I rarely go for model types (they don't go for me either). And I hope they don't change him too much but I've no doubt they will.

JeezyOrangePips Sun 30-Sep-12 22:01:39

I disagree. People with lovely personalities are incredibly unlikely to ever be ugly.

Mother Theresa wasn't conventionally pretty. Would you describe her as ugly? Because I think she was an incredibly beautiful person.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now