Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To the lady in the shoe shop today I'm a bit miffed still AIBU?

(54 Posts)
pongysticks Sun 30-Sep-12 19:59:15

I'm still lhmm what do you think - DS and I waiting in shoe shop at the till and I gave him a pile of coins to pop in the whizzy round charity boxes, he was having great fun with 5p's and 2p's he dropped his last one and before he picked it up a lady sitting close by pointed it out to her son approx 5, her son scampered over and picked it up, so I thought arhh that's lovely. So he looked back at his mum and she said "yes in the box" and nodded, so he took the coin and popped it in the whizzy fun charity box... My DS was a bit hmm as it was very clearly dropped by him only seconds before.

Its not like he pocketed it and he did put it in the charity bit so that's fine, but i guess if that of been me I would of said - Oh pick that up for the little boy - NOT pick it up and use it for your go in the box..Not the end of the world but I thought it was rude!

nailak Sun 30-Sep-12 20:01:15

I would have probably encouraged the other little boy to join in, and said to my ds, "Look friend" "why dont you ask his name" etc

cookielove Sun 30-Sep-12 20:02:44

I don't think it's rude, i think it's another little boy wanting a go!!

pongysticks Sun 30-Sep-12 20:03:34

yep I agree but if he wanted a go I guess I think his mum could of dug in her purse too!!

VeremyJyle Sun 30-Sep-12 20:03:49

Yanbu, I wpuld be pretty pissed too, its just teaching the child its okay to pick up other people's money and do as you like, not return it to them angry

hmc Sun 30-Sep-12 20:05:01

Yes a bit rude and presumptuous imo

Northernlurker Sun 30-Sep-12 20:06:19

If the other child had time to look for his parent for guidance AND come over and pick it up I'm guessing your ds wasn't exactly leaping to get it. Where's the harm? A child picked up a coin and put it in the box. Your child got lots of opportunities to do that too. I think you're over-reacting tbh.

TandB Sun 30-Sep-12 20:07:50

She probably thought the whole point was that the money was intended for the charity box - I wouldn't think that it would ever cross her mind that that one coin, out of all of the coins, should not go in the box.

Poor woman probably thought she was doing the right thing.

DeWe Sun 30-Sep-12 20:09:14

I think it's rude...

If your ds was putting it in the box, it's very rude for the other child to do it for him. I'd agree, if it was my ds picking up, I'd have said "give it back to the other boy", and would have been very cross with him if he'd put it in.

notallytuts Sun 30-Sep-12 20:14:18

Yanbu to be a bit irritated but it prob didn't occur to her that your son was doing it for the fun of it.

pongysticks Sun 30-Sep-12 20:16:38

My DS was holding my leg as he dropped it it rolled closer to these people he's pretty shy of others so as this boy came over my DS stepped back, he wouldn't of said anything and to be fair he didn't mention it - I was just a bit hmm myself.

It's only a passing moment but just thought it's not what I would of done.

MrsRajeshKoothrappali Sun 30-Sep-12 20:16:54

She's rude.

She's teaching a child that he can pick up someone's money and not give it back.

Not good.

pongysticks Sun 30-Sep-12 20:28:54

she didn't make eye contact with me at all either I guess that's what got up my nose too!!

surroundedbyblondes Sun 30-Sep-12 20:32:58

Rude (her not you) ! It's your money, not a random coin lying on the floor.

PorkyandBess Sun 30-Sep-12 20:34:32

It's HAVE.

I would have said.

His mum could have dug.

He wouldn't have said.

I would have done.

onedev Sun 30-Sep-12 20:36:19

I think she's rude too & I'd have been miffed as well.

OldGreyWiffleTest Sun 30-Sep-12 20:44:41

Ooooh porky you read my mind !!

pongysticks Sun 30-Sep-12 20:59:54

sorry Porky missing your point? if it's correcting something I've written sorry I'm dyslexic.

G1nger Sun 30-Sep-12 21:03:58

Rude, yes.

pongysticks Sun 30-Sep-12 21:06:46

Oh I see - maybe porky you need to relax you could save yourself a fortune in botox to get rid of your "perma-scowl"

maybe read your own posts back sometime "It's that thing at about 40 where you start you look permanently cross and/or tired. Botox eliminates this and makes you look really fresh."

Yama Sun 30-Sep-12 21:09:43

I would have encouraged my child to give the money to your child.

However, I wouldn't find it rude that she didn't though as he was putting the money where your son had intended to put the money.

CrapBag Sun 30-Sep-12 21:13:28

I would have found that rude. It wasn't the boys or the other womans money. Fair enough if it was a random coin on the ground but not as they knew your DS had dropped it. She should have told her DS to pass it back to yours.

hmc Sun 30-Sep-12 22:52:13

Porkyandbess - are you pleased with yourself? Picking someone up on their grammar? Santimonious ignorant twat (I am a mother of a dyslexic so claim diplomatic immunity for my little - but wholly warranted - outburst)

ExitPursuedByJKR Sun 30-Sep-12 22:55:53

I don't think confusing have and of is anything to do with dyslexia.

It is just a common grammatical error that many people make these days.

OP - I think the other mother was rude and should have told her son to give the money back to your DS.

JamieandtheMagicTorch Sun 30-Sep-12 22:57:44

I think it was a bit rude of the mother to allow this. I wonder, however, whether she would have done this in another circumstance. Maybe she was focussed more on the "game" and having fun with your son aspect if it rather than the "money" aspect. It's not something I would do, though

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now