Talk

Advanced search

To wonder why on earth you would bid on something on ebay if you didn't have the funds to pay for it?

(11 Posts)
DingbatsFur Sat 29-Sep-12 22:40:08

Bizarre! Sold a top for the princely sum of £1.04. had a message from the winning bidder saying she'd pay sometime next week. WTF?

DingbatsFur Sat 29-Sep-12 22:47:35

Realising that yes buyers do have 4 days to pay, but still!

squeakytoy Sat 29-Sep-12 22:52:07

maybe she was waiting for funds to go into her paypal, but I agree it is frustrating, more so when they do it on a Buy It Now item as well!

LFCisTarkaDahl Sat 29-Sep-12 22:53:07

I'm a bit worried about someone new not paying at all - they've put a large bid on something and have zero feedback.

Yanbu

Figgygal Sat 29-Sep-12 22:54:55

Oh my god it's maddening isn't it I sold a skirt last week with postage total cost £20 10 days later still not been paid was told it'd be Thursday then today am mightily fucked off with it all.

ChristmasKate Sat 29-Sep-12 22:55:24

Equally frustrating when you message to ask about combined postage, everything is agreed, you win 2 items so request a total invoice to pay and get no reply for 4 days and counting......

DingbatsFur Sat 29-Sep-12 23:21:48

Oooo ChristmasKate how annoying!!
FiggyGal I'm with you!

1.04 is not a lot. I'd be tempted just to give the top to Charity in 4 days & save the bother. Some good may as well come of it.

EagleRiderDirk Sun 30-Sep-12 07:21:58

I hate it when this happens. I have no issue if people let me know beforehand.

christmaskate - have you tried asking them again? I had a buyer recently who claimed they'd recieved none of my invoices or messages, though I'd had copies sent to my email. She eventually found one of the invoices in her junk folder. I only found this out as I heard nothing for a week so opened a unpaid item case.

JeezyOrangePips Sun 30-Sep-12 07:24:28

Claiming they haven't received an invoice is just a cop out. I pay through eBay, no need for an invoice to be sent.

CaptainHetty Sun 30-Sep-12 07:45:25

There could be a valid reason - I won something for about £2, went to pay for it (yes, did have the funds...) and as the money was being charged to my card and the bank had suddenly taken it upon themselves to block it because I'd paid for a games console that morning it wouldn't go through. Took me 2 days to get the card sorted, because Santander are shit.

I never bother waiting for an invoice unless I'm waiting for combined postage costs.

SlightlyConfusedAlwaysMad Sun 30-Sep-12 08:15:05

I have been known to look on ebay in the week coming up to payday mostly to buy once I have been paid but if I find something i really want that's ending sooner I do bid and pay a few days later

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now