Talk

Advanced search

to think I am not a total twat

(101 Posts)
FunnysInLaJardin Sat 29-Sep-12 22:38:57

It would seem that lots of posters think I am and so lots of my posts have been reported. Resulting in a MN 'warning' about my posting style. I am quiet shock about this because on the whole my posting style is very anodyne really. I am sure no one 'knows' who I am much less that I am an inflammatory poster. I am really quite upset about the whole thing. Is it now really off to call someone smug or to say they are talking out of their hat? If so maybe it's time for a mn break

MsVestibule Sat 29-Sep-12 22:48:03

It's probably fair to say that if lots of your posts are reported and MN have spoken to you about it, they're probably not anodyne. Whatever anodyne means.

WorraLiberty Sat 29-Sep-12 22:50:38

I thought anodyne was a headache pill grin

I recognise your name but I have no idea how you tend to post.

However, it does seem strange to get an MN warning if you're not causing offence?

DameKewcumber Sat 29-Sep-12 22:56:46

depends when you're saying it an in what context. Haven't noticed your posts myself but then I rarely notice any particular names.

BupcakesAndCunting Sat 29-Sep-12 23:00:26

I have NEVER been offended/upset by your posts shock

But then I have had warnings too. Come sit on the naughty bench with me <pats bench>

WorraLiberty Sat 29-Sep-12 23:04:13

Who's pat and why are people sitting on her bench?

Perhaps that's why the OP has been given a warning?

bonnieslilsister Sat 29-Sep-12 23:09:45

no idea who you are

ChaoticismyLife Sat 29-Sep-12 23:10:06

I know your name too but can't say as I remember the style of your posts.

BoysBoysBoysAndMe Sat 29-Sep-12 23:12:12

You must be harsh to get posts deleted.

Maybe you lack tact? <runs and hides under my quilt>

SuePurblybilt Sat 29-Sep-12 23:13:28

I always forget who offends me. Let's just say it's all of you smile
Though I've never thought of you as one for the spreadshit, Funnys.
Have you asked MNHQ what they think is offending whoever it is?

apostropheuse Sat 29-Sep-12 23:15:14

Oh you've piqued my curiosity when you say nobody "knows" who you are. All rather cryptic!

Now, me being nosy, I'm wondering if you're someone that people ought to know!

...mind you, you probably just meant "knows you" as in your username on mn.

I'm obviously bored tonight....

I would think though if you've been given a warning your posts must have caused at least a little concern.

sookiesookie Sat 29-Sep-12 23:17:23

I don't recognise your name at all, so I can't imagine you have offended me.

I would imagine though, if people keep reporting you (assuming its different people) then maybe your posts are a bit too much. But I don't know as I haven't got an example to see.

Feel a bit left out, I have never been warned. sad

SrirachaGirl Sat 29-Sep-12 23:19:23

I remember you from the Franglais thread smile. I always recognize your name when it comes up on posts and can't recall you ever being inflammatory or smug. Are you sure there hasn't been a mix-up?

WorraLiberty Sat 29-Sep-12 23:19:26

Mind you how much does a warning mean anyway?

There are a handful of posters who seem to type whatever they want, then they get reported, their posts continually get deleted but they're not banned or anything so what does it matter?

OrangeImperialGoldBlether Sat 29-Sep-12 23:22:05

Sorry if this upsets you, OP, but I haven't a clue who you are.

I think we all think we're much better known than we really are!

BlameItOnTheCuervo Sat 29-Sep-12 23:22:23

I wouldnty worry too much. mn has been overrun by sensitive little souls who cry at anything other than hairstrokes and tea.

Ive certainly not noticed you being aggressive/twatty

SuePurblybilt Sat 29-Sep-12 23:22:50

I don't think you get a warning for calling people smug or anything on that level. Or I would be papering the walls with 'em. Perhaps it's where you post - some sections are more sensitive praps?
Or could it be a mistake?

SuePurblybilt Sat 29-Sep-12 23:24:29

Not that I'm calling you a liar, you understand, just that there must be something you're missing. Perhaps one very sensitive poster you run into a lot?

sookiesookie Sat 29-Sep-12 23:25:26

MN are usually quite fair though, usually and don't remove posts just because some sensitive soul has requested it.

Its not bounty FFS.

PickledFanjoCat Sat 29-Sep-12 23:26:05

I recognise your name and you haven't made my twat-dar ping.

Until now with your fancy words! Psssssssssht.

AgentZigzag Sat 29-Sep-12 23:26:30

I recognise your name as being someone who can be straight talking, which some might not like.

I've never had you down as a twat though, if I can say that in a non stalkerish way grin

PickledFanjoCat Sat 29-Sep-12 23:27:03

Are they able to tell you of its s lot of different posters?

Or one?

mumblechum1 Sat 29-Sep-12 23:28:32

I've been on MN since God were a lad and post every day and I have never seen you around.

AgentZigzag Sat 29-Sep-12 23:30:01

You've got a twat-dar as well Pickled, I didn't like to mention mine or it'd have triggered other peoples grin

WorraLiberty Sat 29-Sep-12 23:33:30

Random thought

I never check the email address I used when signing up to MN

Perhaps I should check if I've ever had a warning? grin

Or do they go to your inbox on here?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now