Talk

Advanced search

To think dds best friends mum needs to give me a list of things her daughter cannot have?

(124 Posts)
NopofacehaveI Sat 29-Sep-12 20:59:20

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

omfgkillmenow Sat 29-Sep-12 21:01:26

strawberries are red
but yes, I agree there should be a list

NopofacehaveI Sat 29-Sep-12 21:01:40

TheTermagantToaster Sat 29-Sep-12 21:02:25

I would give up.

NopofacehaveI Sat 29-Sep-12 21:02:44

WorraLiberty Sat 29-Sep-12 21:03:42

Stop feeding her then.

DontmindifIdo Sat 29-Sep-12 21:04:15

She's being hard work - insist on a comprehensive list or say her DD can't eat with you.

Gumby Sat 29-Sep-12 21:04:44

I wouldn't take her out
How old are they?

DontmindifIdo Sat 29-Sep-12 21:04:51

oh, and does the mother actually say thank you for you paying for her DD's food? Does the mother ever take your DD out? Cheeky mare.

Gumby Sat 29-Sep-12 21:05:08

Do they feed your dd?

AlmostAGoldHipster Sat 29-Sep-12 21:06:02

What a pain in the arse!! I'd say to the mum to give me a list of permitted foods or I can't take the child out again!

Is there a reason for the food fussiness? My youngest daughter has a pal who's vegan and that's fine as I can research what she can and can't have but I couldn't be arsed with fecking guessing games sad

CouthyMowWearingOrange Sat 29-Sep-12 21:06:13

What. The. FUCK?!

This mother says her DD can't have anything red or blue to eat?

Que?!

I think rather than giving up on the child, it might be better to get the mother some help. She obviously has some issues that she needs to talk to someone about!!

Goldensunnydays81 Sat 29-Sep-12 21:06:16

I would ask the mum to provide a full packed lunch/ dinner or just stop taking her daughter out! Cheeky woman!

squeakytoy Sat 29-Sep-12 21:07:11

Surely by red she meant anything with added colourings, not natural redness such as apples, tomatoes, or strawberries confused

Has the child had any adverse reactions to anything?

I would either not invite her any more, or tell her mother to provide a lunch box of approved foodstuff.

NopofacehaveI Sat 29-Sep-12 21:08:07

Hulababy Sat 29-Sep-12 21:09:25

Why did she object to the milkshake - was it the red or the ice cream?

How old is this child? The mum is going to have a massively rebelling child in the future I would predict!

omfgkillmenow Sat 29-Sep-12 21:09:38

I am a cm and one of my mindees cant have strawberries

NopofacehaveI Sat 29-Sep-12 21:09:42

HecateHarshPants Sat 29-Sep-12 21:10:04

Yes. Just ask her for a complete written list of everything she can't have, in order that you don't get it wrong again.

Or better still, a list of approved foods.

Hulababy Sat 29-Sep-12 21:11:21

It might be easier for her to compile a list of permitted foods. Or ask mum to send said child with a packed lunch.

Floggingmolly Sat 29-Sep-12 21:11:41

She's an ungrateful mare! If her dd had a genuine allergy to anything she'd be downright negligent not to give you full details in advance.
Banning red and blue food (what food is blue?) is bizarre.

maytheoddsbeeverinyourfavour Sat 29-Sep-12 21:12:12

She moaned at you shock she's a cheeky bitch!

I wouldn't feed her dd anymore or make sure she brings a packed lunch with her how rude to moan when you're being kind enough to treat her dd, it's obviously not because of allergies

squeakytoy Sat 29-Sep-12 21:12:30

Sounds like the woman has issues, and doesnt really have a clue too.

arthurfowlersallotment Sat 29-Sep-12 21:13:15

You're in a difficult position but I fear this person is creating drama for the sake of it. The next time she gets pissy, ask for a comprehensive list of banned foods and use that as your benchmark. Or ask that as her DD has such a careful diet, perhaps next time she lands on you she should come with a packed lunch from home. With no red or blue anything.

sookiesookie Sat 29-Sep-12 21:13:24

So she lets your dd have a coke float?

I am confused, why is a milkshake bad. It did not have red or blue colourings in it.

She needs to provide a list and be told if she forgets to add it to the list and her dd gets it, its tough and there is no be no cringing.

Also if she openly cringed at me I would be saying 'clearly you are not happy with the choices I make so I shall stop taking her out

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now