Talk

Advanced search

To be fuming Exh hasn't even phoned DD to wish her happy birthday?

(18 Posts)
omfgkillmenow Sat 29-Sep-12 20:48:34

No card or present today anyway. I just text him do you know what day it is? He text back he had text DD earlier, I text back she hasn't got her phone charged (not sure where charger is) he lives 4 miles away and I seen his truck at the shop today 200 yards from our house.

RobynRidingHood Sat 29-Sep-12 20:49:42

Not his fault DDs phone isn't charged.

WanderingWhistle Sat 29-Sep-12 20:50:03

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

mamalovesmojitos Sat 29-Sep-12 20:50:36

YANBU. He should have called with a present and a card.

ReindeersGoldenBollocks Sat 29-Sep-12 20:50:53

Your poor DD, YANBu. Did you provide her with a nice day and some presents?

Is there are reason he couldn't pop down and give her presents/a card in person.

A text seems a bit mean. Does he have other plans for DD later in the week?

Happy birthday to your DD thanks

squeakytoy Sat 29-Sep-12 20:50:54

how would he know her phone was not charged?

ovenchips Sat 29-Sep-12 20:51:16

It isn't really an AIBU but it is beyond crap that he hasn't done it. Poor DD and you having to pick up the pieces.

omfgkillmenow Sat 29-Sep-12 20:55:51

robyn, is she only worth a text? He could have called house phone or came round.
She hasn't mentioned it, I have spoiled her rotten with gifts and a party with 11 friends at a softplay. My boyfriend gave her a card and gift, her sister, her gran, her aunt, her papa.

Nothing from his side at all with the exception of her adult cousin who I am friends with. They may give her a card when she goes next friday but they could have sent one in the post so she would get it on her birthday.

mamamibbo Sat 29-Sep-12 20:56:31

he would know if he rang her to actually wish her happy birthday instead of text her

squeakytoy Sat 29-Sep-12 20:57:13

how old is your daughter? does he see her regularly or is he just generally useless?

omfgkillmenow Sat 29-Sep-12 20:58:39

But mainly raging at the fact that he thinks shes only worth a text, its not like hes not allowed in my house when he comes to collect her sometimes I give him a coffee if she isn't ready, we still kind of speak, for example he helped plumb my washing machine although its a bit strained I still make an effort for DDs sake.

omfgkillmenow Sat 29-Sep-12 20:59:13

She was 9 today so she is well aware.

QuangleWangleQuee Sat 29-Sep-12 21:05:21

He probably forgot. Next year phone him a few days before to remind him. I know it is not your responsibility to remind him, but at least that way your dd won't get upset because he forgot.

RobynRidingHood Sat 29-Sep-12 21:11:23

We don't know your relationship do we? You might be all flighty if he turned up unnanounced.

Having said that, he should have put a card in the post and tried to vary whatever access arrangement you have in place so he can see his daughter.

omfgkillmenow Sat 29-Sep-12 21:50:50

he didnt forget, I know this because he didnt do anything for christmas a year ago passt and no one can forget about christmas, This year I had him warned in november that dd needs a fucking christmas present...he got her a kiddies laptop suitable for a 5 year old and thats being generous, her other friends were getting real laptops, she put it on once realised it was crap and has never touched it since. the year before she came home coveting christmas cracker prizes cos thats all she got a few christmas crackers. He isnt skint and he has her every 2nd weekend he is just not interested himself hates christmas and birthdays cos no one ever made a fuss of him aw shame

omfgkillmenow Sat 29-Sep-12 21:51:46

he is allowed to come anytime he likes doesnt bother me and he is well aware of this

washingonawednesday Sat 29-Sep-12 21:55:51

Feeling your pain. Men are shit. (I sit here wondering how long my ex will bother now he has 'a precious princess' as a new baby. Forgetting that until 3 days ago put son was 'his prince'

Give your girl the birthday she deserves and forget about that tosser!

(anyone getting slightly drunk vicarious rage from this post!!)

mummytowillow Sat 29-Sep-12 22:20:51

My ex sent my daughters card to the wrong address and posted it the afternoon before her birthday and expected it to arrive in time, bearing in mind it has to travel 300 miles!

He wanted to contribute to her present and didn't give me the money for two months! I'm skint and he knows this! knobhead

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now