SuffolkNWhat Sat 29-Sep-12 17:39:43

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

WorraLiberty Sat 29-Sep-12 17:41:55

I think there are two seasons on MN

Teacher bashing season

Teacher whinging about being bashed/under appreciated season

Take your pick grin

LynetteScavo Sat 29-Sep-12 17:43:31

I thought it was teacher whinging season.

SuffolkNWhat Sat 29-Sep-12 17:43:51

CitrusyOne Sat 29-Sep-12 19:05:50

I've thought the same thing. I just started maternity leave so have more time to peruse mumsnet at the mo and it seems like every decision we make is wrong.

I went out for lunch last week and the woman at the next table spent 45 mins teacher bashing.

Think will have to forget I'm a teacher for the next 9 months, as I am going to become increasingly agitated.

I did wonder if it was the start of the year and was down to parents and children settling to new teachers?

Raspberryandorangesorbet Sat 29-Sep-12 19:17:16

intravenouscoffee Sat 29-Sep-12 19:19:10

Well, I think teachers are great. And have been amazed since my DD started school how over involved parents are with their children's schooling and how mistrustful they are of teaching staff. Our local school is great. They do amazing stuff with the kids amd I think they do a fantastic job.

SuffolkNWhat Sat 29-Sep-12 19:25:04

Tweasels Sat 29-Sep-12 19:59:56

I agree that some people have ridiculous expectations of teachers. I have heard some hideous comments in the playground. It is a lot of PFB syndrome. Each parent seems to think that the teacher is solely there for their child alone and if one tiny mistake/oversight happens, labels the teacher incompetent. Snot fair!

There is also some parents who clearly do not know their own children very well and when teachers make comments about their behaviour, they end up blaming the teacher for not knowing how to handle their DC rather than accepting responsibility for their own child. And, I have witnessed how these children behave at parties and how the parents ignore it. (For the record, my children are utterly foul at home but seem to know how to put on a good act at school or in public grin

For me, if after three days into a new term, in a class of 30. DS's new teacher knows his name and can identify any traits in him good or bad.....I'm well impressed!

whathasthecatdonenow Sat 29-Sep-12 21:09:11

I was feeling a bit down about it earlier, thinking I was going to have to give MN a swerve for a few days after seeing all the threads. However I've decided not to give a stuff. I've just finished making resources for my GCSE and A Level groups at 9pm on a Saturday night and I've just realised that for the first time in 9 years of teaching I can put a name to every face that I teach before the end of September.

I'm going to have a cornetto in celebration.

BlackholesAndRevelations Sat 29-Sep-12 22:38:56

Yup- teachers work 9-3 and get tons of holidays, plus taxpayers pay their wages for them to laze around on said holidays Even our TAs seem to think they could do our job better/wonder what we're complaining about!

BlackholesAndRevelations Sat 29-Sep-12 22:39:42

Ps I'd love to see them try! <evil cackle>

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now