Talk

Advanced search

to be soooooo bored and a little bit lonely

(11 Posts)
taboot Sat 29-Sep-12 14:14:39

My dm has taken ds for the day. "Great" I thought, "I'll get some jobs done, read my book. Bit of me time" I am soooo bored! I have done 3 loads of washing, fixed the washer, made some pasta. Now I am eating custard, polishing off the chocolate spread and watching True Movies. He started school a few weeks ago and now I have too much free time! I am job hunting to the extreme (and have an interview next week woo!) But I am going mad! Tried to meet up with friends today but no one likes me!! (Or they were busy or working or whatever lol) So AIBU and petulant and really should just enjoy it?!

airforceone Sat 29-Sep-12 14:17:02

Go buy some snowdrop bulbs and talk to them while planting them. By the time the spring comes and they flower, something beautiful will have come of this opportunity. That's what you have here, after all.

taboot Sat 29-Sep-12 14:24:22

Aww smile I like that, made me smile smile Thank you, think I might just do that!

airforceone Sat 29-Sep-12 15:05:26

I'm off to smile

Joiningthegang Sat 29-Sep-12 21:45:38

Enjoy it - many of us wouldnt know what it is to be bored - appreciate it - there is loads you could do!!!

(am soooo jealous ......)

LucieMay Sat 29-Sep-12 21:47:26

Too much free time? There is such a thing?! Cor, you're very lucky. I don't have any free time!

mangohedgehog Sat 29-Sep-12 21:48:47

what a nice idea! think I might do that tomorrow

BattlingFanjos Wed 17-Oct-12 22:35:15

I know! Thing is, she might have him twice a month for two months, then not for another four (we still see her just not ver often with work and whatever) so why I don't make the most of it is beyond me! Anyhoo, interview tomorrow so fingers crossed I'm back working in a few weeks and I'll be sat gob smacked at someone else moaning about the same thing haha!

SoleSource Wed 17-Oct-12 23:06:29

I am bored too. Stuck at home whilst DS is at school. Hurry up and come through CRB check grr then I can start my new job.

BattlingFanjos Thu 18-Oct-12 10:39:59

Fingers crossed it's through soon sole !!

fedupofnamechanging Thu 18-Oct-12 10:48:49

You could read, uninterrupted. Or mooch around the shops. Or dance around the living room, playing loud music that your kids would moan about and be embarrassed by. Or have a long bath.

Yesterday, I painted the woodwork in dd's room while she was at school. okay, this is not particularly interesting, but it's nice to get on with stuff sometimes, without little ones getting underfoot!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now