Talk

Advanced search

About the bed.

(7 Posts)
Pickles77 Sat 29-Sep-12 04:26:25

This is on behalf of a friend. Let's call her Jane and her DP Gary.
Jane and Gary have just got back together after splitting up for six months. They lived together but Jane ended the relationship in Feb and moved out. Gary didn't seem bothered.
After six months they've become close again and are starting dating. But in those six months Gary had been sleeping with someone else. Jane knows that this was in the bed in 'their' flat, with all the bed linen and stuff they chose together. So she now feels really uncomfortable about staying in this bed and doesn't want to sleep over in it.
She only left Gary as he wasnt pulling his weight in the relationship and she missed him terribly.
He thinks she is BU about the bed and should get over it, what do you think?

JennerOSity Sat 29-Sep-12 04:32:49

Can understand it would feel icky - but beds and bed linen are not cheap so a lot depends on whether they can easily afford to replace. I think it will feel less weird as time goes on. So I think they both have a point. Unless there are stains then she is NBU!

Titsalinabumsquash Sat 29-Sep-12 04:36:54

Meh I'd just wash the bed linen or buy another cheap set to replace and rotate whilst the other was dry cleaned.

Do people really buy new beds when they change partners?! Gosh some people must go through beds and sofas, tables, chairs, carpets, cars like nobodies business!!wink

JennerOSity Sat 29-Sep-12 04:47:47

Titsalina grin

Hyperballad Sat 29-Sep-12 05:00:47

Gary isn't doing his best to seem 'bothered' is he, if he really wanted her back then I'm sure he'd be running around to 'bed linen r us' in a flash.

I wouldn't like to sleep in he same linen but I wouldn't like it even more that he is disregarding my feelings on this.

Titsalinabumsquash Sat 29-Sep-12 05:16:42

Yeah it's really more of a linen problem than the actual bed I think.
Gary should fork out for a new set, even if its just so Jane feels happier. smile

Pickles77 Sat 29-Sep-12 05:36:28

I think I'd feel uncomfortable mind

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now