Talk

Advanced search

to be wildly excited that we're having maggi sizzling steak for dinner

(24 Posts)
Fairylea Fri 28-Sep-12 18:01:06

I need to get out more smile

In all seriousness though .... it is yummy. My favourite dinner at the moment.

Just wanted to share really.

(And hope for other meal ideas from people who are excitable about dinner)!!

IllageVidiot Fri 28-Sep-12 18:04:14

What is this maggi sizzling steak? If it's yummy I want to know more...I have a horrible feeling I've missed a boat somewhere and I should now what maggi means. Is it like wagyu?

We are having fairly boring dinner but I have made the first rice pudding of the year which, in this house, means I will get love and adulation for a whole ten minutes!

Fairylea Fri 28-Sep-12 18:06:10

Oh maggi is a brand name.. its a packet mix thingy. You cook steak strips and peppers and bung the mix on. I suppose it's a bit like fajitas but more saucy. If that makes sense?!

Homemade rice pudding is one of my favourite things.. jealous !!

Only if I Abu for wanting to go food shopping tonight even though I'm 16 weeks pregnant and have the mother of all pregnancy headaches/migraine that I have had all week because I really fancy a stir fry for tea!

Inneedofbrandy Fri 28-Sep-12 18:07:06

Mmm I love the paprika chicken, must try the steak!

Ah I bought some pudding rice but haven't made a rice pud yet, Mmm starting to drool now.

Fairylea Fri 28-Sep-12 18:09:12

I sympathise with the shopping for food when pregnant thing. I visited Tesco every single bloody day of my pregnancy due to cravings.... mainly malt loaf and truckloads of clover...!

Lulabellarama Fri 28-Sep-12 18:11:22

I get excited every night we're having puttanesca. It is everything I love about food. Spicy, salty, majorly savoury and I get to have it on pasta.
Life is good on puttanesca days.

Fairylea Fri 28-Sep-12 18:15:01

(Drools at puttanesca and paprika chicken).

Right better get off here and make dinner now. I might actually make rice pudding
. I feel inspired !!

WelshMaenad Fri 28-Sep-12 18:17:47

We are having (Naice) sausages and mash and peas and gravy. Mainly cos DH dragged me out for an epic walk over mountains today and I needed food to stick to my cold, aching, starving ribs.

IllageVidiot Fri 28-Sep-12 18:18:05

Oh I see! Oh that sounds like it would be very popular here, I'll go and have a look if I can get it next order. Thanks!

I hated shopping while pg - even if I was feeling ok I would go in to get 'something' but whatever food was in front of me I could never fancy at the time and wuld be really put off. After schlepping home I would apprently find I really did fancy xyz after all...until I'd bought and cooked it hmm I started internet shopping and never really stopped!

Puttanesca is lucious goodness!

Blackberryinoperative Fri 28-Sep-12 18:19:37

We are having maggi sticky chicken, roast new pots and broccoli, with homemade apple and blackberry crumble and cream for pudding.

nokidshere Fri 28-Sep-12 18:22:01

Sounds lovely! I made Meatball & mozzerella paninis with a tomato and coriander salsa - went down a treat with the children!

I have a love hate relationship when I do go shopping. Never fancy anything so shopping bill is cheap (yay), but during the week when I want something we never have it in!

MummyPig24 Fri 28-Sep-12 19:30:27

Just been to Tesco for our weekly shop. Kids had pizza, peas and carrots earlier and dp and I are having pizza, garlic bread, salad and slaw. Don't really fancy it though. Had an amazing Indian last night.

BeatTheClock Fri 28-Sep-12 19:32:31

Oh I'll give that a try.

Like the chicken ones they do, didn't like the ribs one though cos it wasn't sticky.

FryOneFatManic Fri 28-Sep-12 19:42:27

My mum has seen this advertised on tv and went into the local supermarket to get it, to be told they haven't got it in stock yet and no idea when it would be.

She is pissed off.

AmIthatbad Fri 28-Sep-12 19:45:41

I always buy Maggi's sauce in the brown bottle and use it for loads of things.

Chicken, just when it's nearly finished roasting, make cuts and put some Maggi's in

Mince - Maggi's goes in that

Pork chops - Maggi's sauce over it

I even mix it through rice sometimes, I really love the taste, takes me back to childhood

I love it - but would never call it the "y" word <shudder>

Sorry, I know this isn't the drunk thread, but I have had red wine and have to
mention my aversion to that word.

<slinks off>

zukiecat Fri 28-Sep-12 19:46:16

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

CotedePentathlon Fri 28-Sep-12 22:33:04

What's the 'y' word?

Icelollycraving Fri 28-Sep-12 22:38:49

Also hate that word from an adult. Have no idea about the steak sizzle thing but hope it was nice.

Fairylea Sat 29-Sep-12 08:13:52

Yummy ???

Ah well, we are all different smile

It was lovely. Rice pudding was very lovely too.

x2boys Sat 29-Sep-12 11:19:49

never tried the steak but the garlic chicken is yummy!

VonHerrBurton Sat 29-Sep-12 12:50:58

There's none of it in our Tesco or Waitrose envy

It looks gorg and I can't wait to try it.

also needs to get out more

BeatTheClock Thu 18-Oct-12 19:34:17

Resurrecting this thread, tried Maggi steak tonight and is very yumsmile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now