Talk

Advanced search

My mum called me a hypocrite

(12 Posts)
NopofacehaveI Fri 28-Sep-12 17:06:58

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

comedycentral Fri 28-Sep-12 17:12:45

It sounds like you did get on with him though?

comedycentral Fri 28-Sep-12 17:13:15

In the final year I mean

pictish Fri 28-Sep-12 17:14:51

Since when is it for your mum to tell you how to feel anyway? Tell her to mind her own business!

IsItMeOr Fri 28-Sep-12 17:19:06

That's a bit off of your mum, but as I'm assuming that it's her father/FIL who has just died, it's likely that she's also grieving and not at her best. Try to let it go, if you can. You all need to support each other, as it's not an easy time for any of you.

TheSurgeonsMate Fri 28-Sep-12 17:20:30

Has her dad just died? Is she just upset?

NopofacehaveI Fri 28-Sep-12 17:23:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

LulaPalooza Fri 28-Sep-12 17:28:01

Maybe she feels guilty in some way?

Just because you didn't get on with him on an interpersonal level, you obviously cared because you were there for him in the last year of his life. She wasn't.

TheSurgeonsMate Fri 28-Sep-12 17:58:01

She sounds quite angry and not very supportive sad. As far as whether you're being reasonable or not - I struggle to even see this as a question. It isn't a question of being reasonable or unreasonable - you're upset! And no wonder.

SammyTheSwedishSquirrel Fri 28-Sep-12 18:13:32

I didn't get on with my dad. There are times when I hated him. I was still heartbroken when he died because despite all that, he was still my dad. Your mum sounds heartless.

Jux Fri 28-Sep-12 19:36:55

Perhaps your mum is more pest than she wants to admit even to herself. It may have brought back feelings she had when she has been bereaved, or perhaps she feels guilty, or perhaps she is fearful of her own parents' deaths.

Still, it was uncalled for. I am sorry for your and your dc's loss.

Jux Fri 28-Sep-12 19:37:35

Pest is upset! Of course. Dashed autocorrect.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now