Talk

Advanced search

To leave now

(39 Posts)
Pickles77 Fri 28-Sep-12 16:44:15

To go up the m23, m25 and m11 for a 2.5 hour drive with a 14 day old just been fed and a dog for the weekend

ThunderboltKid Fri 28-Sep-12 16:51:12

I wouldn't do that journey this time on a Friday evening even without the baby! Traffic will be horrendous.

travellingwilbury Fri 28-Sep-12 16:57:26

If you can manage to be in thru car for four hours then go for it .

It won't be two and half .

Where you going ? Nosey

Rindercella Fri 28-Sep-12 16:57:57

I think it will take you at least 2.5 hours to get from the M23 junction on the M25 to the M11. Good luck, I do not envy you.

Toughasoldboots Fri 28-Sep-12 16:58:41

You've had your baby?! I didn't know , congratulations. Yes, just go.

headfairy Fri 28-Sep-12 16:58:49

to be honest you might as well go now, it'll be crap for at least three hours now so bit the bullet and do it. But I would factor in a stop for the baby (nappy or top up feed) and dog somewhere along the way.

Pickles77 Fri 28-Sep-12 17:08:01

Got all that planned. Going to near Cambridge to stay with baby's father. Am loosing the plot with motherhood and he wants to help. Dd should be fine. My father has hit the roof but I need to get away

nickeldaisical Fri 28-Sep-12 17:09:26

you need to wait until at least 7 o'clock.
or you could be sitting in traffic for hours with a hungry crying baby...

nickeldaisical Fri 28-Sep-12 17:10:20

when you say you're losing the plot, would it be more helpful to talk to friends or your dad?

at 14 days, it could be PND...

Sassybeast Fri 28-Sep-12 17:10:29

I'd leave in about 2 hours time. The M25 at this time on a Friday will be a car park.

comedycentral Fri 28-Sep-12 17:10:57

I would have your tea and then go, trafgic is awful at this time of day

comedycentral Fri 28-Sep-12 17:11:11

*traffic

diddl Fri 28-Sep-12 17:12:20

I assume that he can´t come to you to help?

Pickles77 Fri 28-Sep-12 17:12:35

Im already on the antids that target PND for depression. It's not PND... It's struggling to know what to do with a baby. I love my baby dearly. Unfortunately it's trying to build my life back together.
Some of you probably know my story

Gumby Fri 28-Sep-12 17:14:33

Couldn't he come to you?

Pickles if I were you I'd wait until after babies next feed (or 2-3hrs) I do this journey regularly to my parents and this time on a Friday is a no no on the m25. After 7 you should be able to make it through with few problems.

Sorry to hear you're struggling, if you live anywhere near Croydon and fancy a meet/someone else to hold baby while you shower or something pm me. New babies are ridiculously overwhelming!

nickeldaisical Fri 28-Sep-12 17:19:43

it's hard in the first few weeks to know what to do.

if you don't have to be anywhere, grab a lot of snacks and drinks from the fridge, make a big flask of tea and get to bed with the baby.

you don't need anything else.
(apart from the telly and a few magazines/books)

can your dad come and sit with you for a few hours?
to fetch and carry stuff for you?

DreamsTurnToGoldDust Fri 28-Sep-12 17:20:56

Pickles, no love you shouldnt do it, if the fathers wants to see his daughter then he comes to you.

Rachel130690 Fri 28-Sep-12 17:22:02

pickles congrats on your baby girl, I must of missed your announcement in sept thread. I no some of your earlier posts and didn't wanna read and run, I'd say leave it to later if your gonna go to avoid traffic also will give you time to think it over. Has your ex met his daughter yet? Have you talked much since birth? Just don't jump into it or feel pressured into going.

Pickles77 Fri 28-Sep-12 17:33:35

Everyone seems split. Her dads been really good actually

travellingwilbury Fri 28-Sep-12 17:35:38

Pickles , why can't he come to you ?

Will he be any help if he is around ?

Honestly that drive will be awful this time on a Fri , tears before bedtime for all even without a baby to deal with .

WorraLiberty Fri 28-Sep-12 17:35:58

My goodness I was so tired when my kids were that age, I could barely remember what I wanted to buy when I walked to my local shop.

I really wouldn't attempt a drive like that sad

diddl Fri 28-Sep-12 17:36:28

What is it that you need to get away from?

What help do you want & could someone else give it?

Littlemissimpatient Fri 28-Sep-12 17:40:43

If u do check dartford tunnel as one of the tunnels were closed earlier. If you go heathrow way there is now a services between m23 and m1 junctions which has just opened hurrah easily pleased

2ticks Fri 28-Sep-12 17:41:54

I would definitely not start off now. Whenever I have tackled that journey on a Friday I have had to sit in traffic for at least an hour on the M25 approaching the Dartford tunnel. If you absolutely have to go, would first thing tomorrow morning be an option? I certainly wouldn't have wanted to do that long drive in the evening at only 14 days.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now