Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to make DP deal with all the dead animal jobs?

(6 Posts)
CanIOfferYouAPombear Fri 28-Sep-12 15:56:30

We have 2 cats, one is a prolific pooer, the other is a serial killer for small animals.
We also have 1 DC.

DP has cleaned around 3 pooey nappies in his life and has NEVER cleaned up after pooey cat. I've been ok with this, I don't mind poo much and DP borks at the slightest whiff of it.

Serial killer cat has started killing more and is spreading the guts and carcass all over the drive, I told DP that seen as I deal with the poo jobs he has to do all the dead jobs and clean it all up, I also can't stand the sight of dead things. Real phobia over it, I get intrusive images n all sorts.

DP just isn't stepping up to his job though and keeps leaving the dead animals out on the drive for a couple of days until I literally force him to clean it up.

Am I being really unfair? He obviously doesn't like doing it and I feel a bit bad, but someone has to do it.

MuddyRocker Fri 28-Sep-12 16:17:11

Try putting a bell on the cats collar. It scares off little critters before the cat gets a chance to pounce.
YANBU to ask DP to clean up the dead stuff- sounds like you do more than your fair share

mumblechum1 Fri 28-Sep-12 16:18:35

That is the one and only job which I expect my dh to do around the house, and he does it.

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 28-Sep-12 16:30:30

Our cat was a Prolific Hunter too.
Our house rule was whoever discovered it dealt with it.
(My DH won't do vomit duties but ok with pooh)

Why not get one of those pooper scooper things that you put a bag in, open it up and capture the offending offering.

And do you realise how much your cat loves you ,bringing you all these yummy dead things? grin

CanIOfferYouAPombear Fri 28-Sep-12 16:48:24

Where can I get a scoopy thing? I could use it on the mice that are left whole, don't know how useful it would be on a wood pigeon that has been ripped to shreds all over the drive though!

We've tried a collar with a bell but he always manages to shrug it off within the week, he's a bit of a wild one!

70isaLimitNotaTarget Fri 28-Sep-12 17:05:11

I've seen the scoopers for dog pooh (I don't have a dog, so I've seen them in passing) IIRC Pets@Home and The Range. (Or online they'll have them)
I'm assuming you can get different sizes (for different sized poohs grin )

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now