Talk

Advanced search

Difference in time required to get ready to go out

(3 Posts)
BadLad Fri 28-Sep-12 13:09:33

Is it wildly different for you and your partner?

I think I do rather well - my twenty minutes or so compared to DW's forty doesn't mean that much sitting around. A quick game of FIFA after I've been given the all clear kills the time.

Poor Dad often grumbles that he must have spend half his life waiting for my mother to get ready to go out. He takes five minutes, she can take an hour and more if she changes her mind.

Then, when she is ready, she has to gall to ask if he has finished getting ready.grin

Are you and your DP on the same wavelength?

missymoomoomee Fri 28-Sep-12 13:19:09

I take about 10 minutes to get ready to go out (on the super rare occassions I do go out) DH takes about 2 hours. I have no idea what he does, and frankly I don't want to know confused some of my friends spend 3 or 4 hours getting ready though, thats just totally ridiculous imo I'd rather be out having a laugh than be sitting in painting my nails/piddling about with my hair/changing outfit 67 times.

DeWe Fri 28-Sep-12 13:34:51

I am much quicker than my dh. However he wouldn't see it. In reality, I can usually be ready to leave in 5 minutes. He'll take 30+.

I find something to do while waiting, so he'll walk down the stairs and out to the car complaining that he's waiting. However I've been waiting for 25+ minutes, and am now finishing hanging the washing out, having done the washing up, put the dinner on the timer for when we get back and sewn on a button that came off dd's frock.

Also when we go away (overnight) I know that if I leave any of the security to him it won't happen, so I'll be checking locks on windows/door, setting the light timer, fridge into holiday mode, nothing in the fridge that goes off, empty food bin, bleach down the toilet... the last time I've left it to him we went away with the back door open. shock <Sigh>

So again, he's complaining that he's waiting, because I've had to often wait for him before I can do some of these. (and then finding he's forgotten his pyjamas.grin)

Also I have friends whose dp complain they're waiting-that's because they get themselves ready and go. They get themselves and 3 small children ready...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now