Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To want to ban the words FIFA 13?

(100 Posts)

If anyone has a teenage DS, you may understand.

But I swear to almighty Christ if my DS says to me one more time "FIFA 13 is out today" I may have to throw the ps3 out of the window.

Sorry.

Rant over.

ssd Fri 28-Sep-12 09:09:32

oh yes

I have caved and am buying 2 copies of the ultimate edition for the ds's today

anyone would think I had money to waste......

and I go to work in plastic bloody shoes....yeesh

Mrsjay Fri 28-Sep-12 09:09:33

My friend has fallen out with her son because he uttered those words and she said he would have to wait till christmas, apparently he had a breakdown and she is a 'shit mum' shock I know where i would be sticking Fifa and probably sideways grin

CiderwithBuda Fri 28-Sep-12 09:11:48

I feel your pain!

I am flying to Dublin this afternoon alone and won't see DS till Tuesday. His major concern was whether I would still be able to go an buy FIFA 13 before I go.

And put it in the Playstation so it will have downloaded by the time he gets home from school!

takeonboard Fri 28-Sep-12 09:13:37

Is it today? There have been mutterings all week but I haven't really paid attention......

Mrsjay Fri 28-Sep-12 09:13:41

Not bye I will miss you blah blah but remember my fifa grin

CiderwithBuda Fri 28-Sep-12 09:13:45

DS saves birthday money from to buy it! Learned the hard way about four years ago when I wouldn't buy it the day it came out and he had to wait till Xmas. Now my Dad and sisters give him money for his birthday and he saves it till now.

Works well!

CiderwithBuda Fri 28-Sep-12 09:14:12

Saves from August that should read!

Sparklingbrook Fri 28-Sep-12 09:16:33

I preordered yesterday. Had to have a conversation with the man in Gamestation. <scary>

DS has a TED day today. He believes this is because FIFA 13 is out. hmm We are off to pick it up shortly. Can't wait. sad

Yep my DS has saved up for it. But, but he has to go to school. And then footie practice. So when can he go and get it? And it's not fair that he wasn't allowed to go out at 4am, buy it and do the update. And everywhere will be sold out.

FFS

wisden Fri 28-Sep-12 09:18:38

I feel your pain! DS asked if I would buy it for him and he would do jobs to pay it back. grin I put him straight and told him he can do some jobs first and earn the money to buy it. There is another that comes out at a similar time too, can't think what it is called but is exactly the same that he is after aswell. Ah, PES soccer, that's it!

Sparklingbrook Fri 28-Sep-12 09:19:32

I nearly went at Midnight last night but thought better of it. DSs are buying it between them. DS2 is allowing DS1 to unwrap it and play it before he gets home. shock

I did point out its exactly the same game as FIFA 12

I got a "look"

wisden Fri 28-Sep-12 09:23:09

Is it just my DS who will play a football match at the weekend then expect me to watch whilst he recreates the goals on FIFA and then, then he recreates it again with Subbuteo. So that is 3 times I will have watched a save/goal/tackle/whatever!

cantspel Fri 28-Sep-12 09:24:04

I have pre ordered it from Game. It hasn't arrived yet but it better or i am going to have a shit weekend.
He had saved for it himself but i paid as a reward for his good gcse result.

wisden Fri 28-Sep-12 09:24:11

I did point out its exactly the same game as FIFA 12

Yes!

Though I do think the commentary is done really well

sugarice Fri 28-Sep-12 09:24:14

A heads up for Football Manager 13 that comes out late October early November, that's the favourite in our house.

My DS does that too.

wisden Fri 28-Sep-12 09:26:21

Oh gawd, not another one <prays DS doesn't ask for that one aswell>

What is the difference between them all? Pitch? check. football? check. Players? check.

Babyroobs Fri 28-Sep-12 09:26:42

My son is in meltdown because he is convinced his dad is too stingy to have paid premium postage rate so he will receive it later then all his mates !. I have to sleep on the sofa this morning after working a nightshift just in case the dog gets to it first should it arrive today.

cantspel Fri 28-Sep-12 09:26:48

Mine prattles on about footballers i have never heard of in leagues that i didn't know existed.
The game plan for today is school. fifa, footie training, fifa and i think i better cook something he can take to his room with him and eat whilst playing as he hasn't scheduled in meal time.

schilke Fri 28-Sep-12 09:27:59

My boys saved up for it. Ds1 has been muttering fifa13 all week.
Tantrums - You're brave pointing that out! We have a collection of Fifas - from about 09 I think.

Terrible yesterday as ds2's Fifa 13 ultimate turned up (for xbox), but ds1's (for ps3) didn't. Oh the stress.

Ds1 going to a Fifa 13 gathering after school. Quick football match (actually playing physical football) tomorrow morning and then a very quiet weekend as he'll be glued to it.

SillyBeardyDaddyman Fri 28-Sep-12 09:29:03

Erm... Think of the silence you'll enjoy this weekend. Worth £40 I'm sure grin

cantspel Fri 28-Sep-12 09:30:46

You dont get silence as they play online with their mates and all you can hear is the mad ramblings as they yell st each other through their headsets.

SoupDragon Fri 28-Sep-12 09:30:57

This morning I asked, generally "What's the date today?"

Quick as a flash and without checking his phone, DS1 (13) said "28th September. I know that because FIFA 13 comes out today"

This is the first I have heard of it and he was happy enough when I said maybe he could have it for Christmas.

He's going to grow up to be a serial killer isn't he?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now