Talk

Advanced search

to stop and make sure this child was ok

(9 Posts)
flutesgolden Thu 27-Sep-12 20:42:04

On way home today with.my children and saw a child about 2.5 next to main road traffic lights on his own. Cars in front of me were proceeding with caution so I pulled over and got out.
I asked the child where his mam was and he said mummy coming. I looked around and saw nobody. This was about 6pm. I asked the boy if he wanted me to wait with him until his mummy came he just replied mummy coming. I stayed with the boy for maybe 3 minutes when a lady pushing a buggy chatting to another another lady came around the corner. As soon as she saw the child she began telling him off. She totally blanked me. I got back into the car and left. SOHU for thinking she was out of order?

SaraSidle Thu 27-Sep-12 20:43:37

She was indeed!

But you did the right thing

Ghoulelocks Thu 27-Sep-12 20:44:16

I would have also told her what I thought of her actions and why. You were calm and reasonable.

flutesgolden Thu 27-Sep-12 20:45:25

Not SOHU I meant AIBU stupid Android x

lydiamama Thu 27-Sep-12 20:45:31

Well done to you!!!!!!! Oh if I ever make the mistake his mother did I wish you are around to save my little one!!!

SauvignonBlanche Thu 27-Sep-12 20:46:35

Silly cow, well done for giving a damm and stopping.
Even though it wasn't appreciated, you did the right thing.

BackforGood Thu 27-Sep-12 20:47:08

Of course you did the right thing.

GrimmaTheNome Thu 27-Sep-12 20:50:33

Yes, she was out of order but she maybe she hadn't quite realised you'd stopped to look after her lad. Had he run on ahead too far or something? If so then perhaps telling him off was a priority.

But anyway, thanks on behalf of mothers everywhere for every person like you who watches out for other people's kids smile

flutesgolden Thu 27-Sep-12 20:53:16

I recognised the mam. My dd1 used to go to school with one of her dc. We invited her to my dd1 bday party but she said that she wouldn't be able to take her so we offered. We picked her up before the party and dropped her after.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now