Talk

Advanced search

Childminder

(22 Posts)
cheekypickle Thu 27-Sep-12 11:16:08

My DD was supposed to go to the childminders just for this afternoon so I could meet up with a friend. My friends just now gone to hospital to be induced so can't meet up.

AIBU to still send DD to childminder? What would you do with an afternoon off??

squeakytoy Thu 27-Sep-12 11:17:31

do whatever you want to do... go shopping, watch a film, have a sleep... none of us know what you enjoy doing if you have spare time... smile

Dramajustfollowsme Thu 27-Sep-12 11:18:08

Put her to the childminder and have some time to yourself. smile

Pandemoniaa Thu 27-Sep-12 11:18:20

How can it be unreasonable? Do you really need to get our permission?

If I were you, I'd send your dd to the childminder as arranged and go and have posh coffee somewhere.

YANBU - send your DD and have some chillaxtion! smile

WorraLiberty Thu 27-Sep-12 11:19:13

You could spend the afternoon looking through your old threads for suggestions?

Dramajustfollowsme Thu 27-Sep-12 11:19:41

Personally, I'd go and have coffee and a cake then get my nails done and a wonder round the shops...now wanting to do all these things!

Pandemoniaa Thu 27-Sep-12 11:19:45

sniggers @Worra

OldGreyWiffleTest Thu 27-Sep-12 11:20:08

Why do people ask this question? Is it guilt because you think you should be full-time and not have ANY time off to yourself? Bonkers!

hairytale Thu 27-Sep-12 11:21:02

I am well jel. Yes send her - and have a lovely time doing whatever you want!

squeakytoy Thu 27-Sep-12 11:22:08

grin Worra... so true.

cheekypickle Thu 27-Sep-12 11:46:29

I get slated for this while someone is asking should she have 2 cups of tea in a row??!

solidgoldbrass Thu 27-Sep-12 11:47:31

Send her to the childminder because to cancel means the childminder loses an afternoon's fee, which is not fair on the childminder.

BertieBotts Thu 27-Sep-12 11:48:25

Haha, I was going to post a "Why would you care?" response on that post but decided it was too mean!

DO IT! Enjoy your afternoon off smile

whois Thu 27-Sep-12 11:55:42

cheekypickle
"I get slated for this while someone is asking should she have 2 cups of tea in a row??!"

Yes. Because the two cup person hasn't posted the EXACT SAME QUESTION about seventy three times [exasperated emotion smiley]

cheekypickle Thu 27-Sep-12 11:58:58

74 times actually

If you don't like it then don't bother responding

MrsMuddyPuddles Thu 27-Sep-12 12:11:11

Whois did say "about" [cheeky emoticon]

I think you'd be unreasonable NOT to send your DD to the childminder- she's expecting the pay and it's awfully short notice to cancel... ;) Maybe visit your friend in hospital?

squeakytoy Thu 27-Sep-12 12:13:15

Cheeky.. the other poster is posting a thread which is tongue in cheek... yours aren't, yours indicate someone who hasn't got the ability to think for herself.. and yes, you do ask this question or a variation of it almost weekly.. confused

Pandemoniaa Thu 27-Sep-12 12:14:32

To be fair cheeky, the two cup of coffee question was rather tongue in cheek (or would have been if the OP hadn't already got a mouth full of all that coffee) whereas I get the distinct impression that you genuinely need some sort of decision from us. And that our response might well affect what you decide to do this afternoon.

It's not that anyone is being deliberately unkind or unhelpful but...

EleanorHandbasket Thu 27-Sep-12 12:20:09

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

ClippedPhoenix Thu 27-Sep-12 12:47:16

The hounds are out ay OP.

I used to feel a bit guilty, like you do when my son was small.

In hindsight, I'd say send her, you have to pay for it anyway.

holidaysarenice Thu 27-Sep-12 13:37:15

I hope you are enjoying a lovely afternoon!!

Have a biscuit, a cup of tea and several slices of cake!

Im sure you are a lovely mother and you deserves a little time to yourself. So put ur feet up and ignore everyone else xxxx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now