Talk

Advanced search

to go and see Madness?

(12 Posts)
whethergirl Wed 26-Sep-12 19:10:50

Yesterday, my friends/neighbours called me and offered to take me and ds out for a goodbye dinner tomorrow, as they're moving away this weekend (and their ds is good friends with my ds so would be nice for them). They're going to be at the restaurant anyway as they are working there later.

This morning, my cousin called to say she could get free tickets to see Madness tomorrow but I needed to confirm there and then, so in a moment of Madness (sorry) I said YES OF COURSE I'LL COME - I BLOODY LOVE MADNESS.

Then put down the phone, immediately remembered neighbours. So text them (as they were working) and asked if we could reschedule for Friday, but they can't make Friday sad and said they would catch up with me another time when they were in the area.

AIBU for blowing them out to see Madness? If only I knew about it a day before then I wouldn't have arranged it with them. I feel quite mean about it.

Two additional bits of info that might help; I could never normally afford to go to a gig. I will obviously pop over to say goodbye to my neighbours at some point, and give them their homewarming pressie.

Also, if I do go, do you think it's appropriate to flash my boobs at Suggs if the feeling takes me?

DorsetKnob Wed 26-Sep-12 19:12:52

YABU sorry, although Madness are great. It's not just you though it is your DS and their DS.

hattymattie Wed 26-Sep-12 19:14:06

No go and see Madness - they sound fine about it - don't flash the boobs though! grin

SchrodingersMew Wed 26-Sep-12 19:15:36

Madness are truely crap live.

DairyNips Wed 26-Sep-12 19:16:07

YABU to go see Madness, simply because they're awfulgrin

complexnumber Wed 26-Sep-12 19:21:37

Madness are a band you just have to see!

I am currently having to explain to my own DC why I did not see Tom Jomes when I had the opportunity.

I am finding it hard to come up with anything rational. They are just [shocked]at me.

I am having similar worries about seeing the Proclaimers tomorrow night

Jemma1111 Wed 26-Sep-12 19:23:59

It would be madness to not go and see madness !
smile

Pochemuchka Wed 26-Sep-12 19:35:24

YABU - did you not see them enough at the Jubillee/Olympics? I have seen enough of them to last a lifetime! grin

ISpyPlumPie Wed 26-Sep-12 19:37:56

[Envy] - think I'm fated not to see them. Last time they were meant to be playing near us it was my friend's wedding so couldn't go (gig ended up being cancelled due to flood anyway). Next time is 3 days after DC2 is due. Must admit I was tempted given how late DS was, but general consensus was that getting tickets would be madness (sorry to recycle pun so quickly).

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Wed 26-Sep-12 19:44:00

OP, YANBU.

Complex, tell your dc Tom Jones is a smarmy twat and you would have had more fun plucking your bikini Len with tweezers.

whethergirl Wed 26-Sep-12 19:56:23

Ok, the other husband of the couple also text a couple of jokey texts about me preferring Madness over them.

But guilt got the better of me so I text them again (the wife) and said I would still see them tomorrow.

She text back "oh god no don't give up madness tickets!!!! We can make it another time"

That sounds quite genuine doesn't it?

complexnumber - this means you have to see the Proclaimers tomorrow.

shock at Tom Jones hater!!

whethergirl Wed 26-Sep-12 19:57:15

not the other husband, just the husband. There aren't two couples involved.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now