Talk

Advanced search

To think it should be straight forward to check a return to Debenhams.

(8 Posts)
twooter Wed 26-Sep-12 16:46:31

Because I have had no email confirmation, I go round in circles between their help page and contact us page, which just link to each other, and when I did finally find a phone number tucked away there was no reply after ages of being on hold.

ShabbyChit Wed 26-Sep-12 16:52:05

Last time I returned something I got an email confirmation - although it was quite a while after the item was collected?
but YANBU, it should be easier than that!

thecatsminion Wed 26-Sep-12 16:52:51

Not quite sure what you mean by "check a return", but I've given up using Debenhams mail order because they were rubbish - I'd always get the wrong item or it would take ages to arrive but they'd refuse to cancel it. Can you go into a shop and get them to sort it out?

EdMcDunnough Wed 26-Sep-12 16:57:31

Take your order note into the nearest shop, they might faff around making phone calls but they should sort it in the end.

CosmicCloud Wed 26-Sep-12 17:03:18

YANBU. Last time I used Debenhams mail order the service was shocking. I constantly had to chase them up about returns and despite ordering from the one website had to return my items to three different places by two different methods! Eventually got refunded after much chasing on my part. Wouldn't even order stuff from them in the sale now as it's more hassle than it's worth!

dreamingofsun Wed 26-Sep-12 17:53:10

you ordered something online from debenhams!!!!! I did this once, never again. I ordered about 10 things in the sale, about 3 arrived - rest out of stock, returned them all and only got credit for 2. everyone says they are awful. Never again. admittedly this was about 3 years ago - but worst online experience i've ever had

twooter Wed 26-Sep-12 18:14:15

In fairness, they've been ok for me in the past. I don't think I've ever had to return anything before though. Just so maddening not having an easy obvious way to speak to anyone. Still they're onto it now, though they haven't registered a return, so if I hadn't chased it up I would just have been out of pocket.

CosmicCloud Wed 26-Sep-12 20:30:53

Yep same here with being out of pocket if I hadn't chased it up. I'd understand maybe one thing being mislaid but it happened with all three items I returned to different places. Seems they're either incompetent or deliberately hoping people don't chase up returns so they can keep the money! Shame really as it's put me off shopping in their high street stores too.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now