Talk

Advanced search

To be fuming with MIL

(9 Posts)
Sopster Tue 25-Sep-12 22:03:35

This will be badly spelt as am on iPhone.

SIL has been in labour for 25 hours now, only 4 cms and has been all day. V uncomfortable, had couple of doses of meptid. Planning to induce soon tonight to try and speed things up.

SIL is from abroad and so asked MIL to be wit her for birth. Have now spoken to MIL couple of times today who has only moaned about how Inconvinient this long labour is for HER as she didn't sleep well last night! I just text her to see what was going on and after reply i said poor SIL, she must be shattered and drained and she's just replied with 'well not as much as me'!!

I'm not even that close to SIL but having given birth a couple of times in the last few years really feel for what shes going through today. AIBU to want to punch MIL and tell her to stop thinking of herself?!!

coffeeandcream Tue 25-Sep-12 22:08:51

shock

IneedAsockamnesty Tue 25-Sep-12 22:09:35

yanbu. you just arnt but dont actually punch her as stuff like that is often frowned apon.

RuleBritannia Tue 25-Sep-12 22:10:30

Could you offer to take over for a while so she can go home somewhere for a sleep nap? Yes, she is being selfish.

Flobbadobs Tue 25-Sep-12 22:13:16

Whatrulebritannia said. Go rescue your SIL if you can, and let her punch your MIL. She's in labour and will probably get away with it.

Onlymydogunderstandsme Tue 25-Sep-12 22:13:48

Yanbu! I feel sorry for your SIL as doesn't sound like your MIL is very supportive! Hopefully when the labour gets going your mil will forget about herself and give the support needed! Fwiw my mil is the same, any situation comes back to her and how she feels about it even when it's not really to do with her!

YouMayLogOut Tue 25-Sep-12 22:15:28

Ask her if she's forgotten what labour was like

BlueSkySinking Tue 25-Sep-12 22:15:53

I'd reply, ''har har, very funny. Hope SIL manages tonight OK poor thing''

Sopster Tue 25-Sep-12 22:20:39

Thanks guys. Really needed to vent as only so much bitching about his mum I can do to DH! I wish I could take over but am 2 hours+ away with 2 kids under 5 asleep! I think I may go with blue sky's suggestion!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now