Talk

Advanced search

To not let DD eat my newspaper?

(5 Posts)
ChasedByBees Tue 25-Sep-12 13:13:03

So for the first time since 8mo DD was born, I thought I might have time to read a newspaper. I bought one over the weekend and DD thinks this is the most amazing thing in the universe. She grabs it, rips it and tries to eat it. I'm stopping her playing with it, thinking, 'poisonous inks! Not foodstuff!' but am I being PFB? 

It seems to be providing DD with huge amounts of joy and she certainly thinks IABU. 

Am I?

still haven't read the bloody thing

larks35 Tue 25-Sep-12 13:26:39

Which newspaper is it? This is important. You wouldn't want her to swallow some of the shite some newspapers call news would you? If it's the FT, let her eat it, she may grow up to predit share prices and make you all millionaires!

GoldenLlama Tue 25-Sep-12 13:31:17

That reminds me of when DD was about a year old. We were at the park and someone was handing out flyers. I gave mine to DD to chew, shred, wave about and generally keep her entertained for a few minutes (she was a very easily amused child).

My FIL took it off her in case she got a paper cut!

ChasedByBees Tue 25-Sep-12 14:27:27

GoldenLlama, I've done the same, I've turned into a health and safety obsessive. Paper cuts near eyes <faints>

It's the Times Weekend. It had a good recipe supplement. I did think about this, I should really get her eating the Guardian.

Dawndonna Tue 25-Sep-12 14:46:57

My sixteen year old still eats my Grauniad if I let her!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now