Talk

Advanced search

Consumer health & safety issues and management bullying at work

(5 Posts)
goldenflappy Tue 25-Sep-12 09:33:58

Morning all,

I need some advice. OH works for a large supermarket. He came home from work Friday with sickness and diarrhea. He never has time off work as company are really hard an anyone who has time off. So I knew this was serious. He phoned work yesterday as he has literally been on the toilet every half and hour and told them he couldn't go in. Well he got a right earful, they told him to take something and ring back in 4 hours. So he did and another earful - we need you in, you need to come in, you sound ok etc etc. He was up 8 times in the night on the toilet. He's gone in today and had been to the loo 3 times in 90 minutes.

Both times he has been off we traced it back to maybe the work cafe. He phoned his union yesterday and is waiting a call back.

I really want to report the supermarket to health and safety as consumers are being put at risk. AIBU?

Thanks in advance xx

Natnat29 Tue 25-Sep-12 09:38:30

No yadnbu! There are public health policies in place for anyone returning to work after d &v, is your OH a food handler because he w

Natnat29 Tue 25-Sep-12 09:39:55

Sorry posted too quick
He would need different exclusion time from work if so, should be on nhs direct website

KenLeeeeeee Tue 25-Sep-12 09:40:01

I didn't think employers were allowed to interrogate people ringing in sick....? YADNBU anyway. If he's coming into contact with customers and their food, then he needs to be well clear of anything like a d&v bug.

goldenflappy Tue 25-Sep-12 09:51:07

Just spoke to his union they have told me to advise him to leave now and go to emergency walk in now. I have previously been flammed for moaning about him working unpaid overtime but I think it all contributes to the bullying tactics of the company xx

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now