Talk

Advanced search

To want my stuff from H&M

(32 Posts)
glenthebattleostrich Tue 25-Sep-12 08:32:39

I placed an order with H&M Online on 5th of September, it was dispatched on 13th of September and has been with their couriers for 9 days. When I emailed H&M customer disservice and asked if they could possibly check where the parcel is I get told, yes it has been dispatched and it will be with me shortly. Sorry they have not met their target of 4 - 6 days but you have to wait 10 working days before they will even look into where the parcel is.

AIBU to think this is not good enough? They have had my money since the 13th and I have no goods. It contains my DD's autumn clothes and I really need them. As I work a stupid amound of hours from home I find it really difficult to get out to the shops and I hate trailing around shopping centres anyways (not that I have to justify shopping online!)

I've emailed them again and will be emailing their head office to tell them why I'll be avoiding their shop and encouraging everyone I know to avoid their online shitty service.

Rant over, and back to my day smile

Lightlygrilledandsmokinghot Tue 25-Sep-12 08:47:02

This is why I never order online from H&M now; I ordered some things about 3 weeks before we went on holiday earlier in the year and it only just arrived in the nick of time. They just fob you off when you phone them too.

megandraper Tue 25-Sep-12 08:49:34

YANBU. No excuse for sloppy delivery, plenty of other online retailers manage it competently. Will bear this in mind (I do all my clothes shopping online...)

CanIOfferYouAPombear Tue 25-Sep-12 08:49:58

Yabu for ordering online from H&M.

NEVER do this again!

flipflopper Tue 25-Sep-12 08:53:09

Ive had this too, parcel took weeks to arrive, and it was maternity jeans, so i wanted them asap. When they arrived, they were stupidly small (size 16, normally wear a 14) I just ended up getting some elsewhere in the end as couldnt wait weeks for more to arrive. Took weeks for a refund too.

blueraincoat Tue 25-Sep-12 09:15:12

I thought I had just been a bit unlucky with my order taking about 2 weeks, seems I was not. Will not be ordering from them again.

YANBU!

HokeyCokeyPigInAPokey Tue 25-Sep-12 09:17:24

I have done this once, never again, YANBU, they are awful.

Nagoo Tue 25-Sep-12 09:19:01

I have had very slow service from them before now too. I ordered ds's coat this year and got it within a week, much to my surprise.

But YANBU.

MrSunshine Tue 25-Sep-12 09:20:25

Isn;t it the courier service you should be mad at?

2blessed2bstressed Tue 25-Sep-12 09:28:07

I've never ordered from them online, but my sister has - and has never mentioned a problem with delivery time....is it maybe an issue with the courier company that H & M use in your area?

RubyFakeNails Tue 25-Sep-12 09:30:39

H&M Online is shit, I never order with them and I order from almost everyone.

lisad123 Tue 25-Sep-12 09:31:12

Took them ages to deliver to me too. They really should consider changing their couriers or there warehouse staff, depending on who's causing the delay angry

annh Tue 25-Sep-12 09:32:44

Oh, just placed my first ever order with them sad. That'll be why it hasn't arrived yet although seemingly dispatched several days ago. Luckily, it's not time-critical this time.

nilbyname Tue 25-Sep-12 09:38:17

I have had this too, but I have had good customer service when I complained. This was when they just started their online service.

I think things get snarled up when then send out the catalogues by regular mail and they get a surge of orders. They really need to sort it out though. No one I knows orders from them anymore. Shame as their kids clothes are cheap and lovely.

GoldPlatedNineDoors Tue 25-Sep-12 09:47:01

I love H&M and we buy 90% of our clothes from therr but I never use their online or delivery service as they are crap.

Hope you get your items soon.

Dawndonna Tue 25-Sep-12 10:46:32

H&M are notorious for this. I did it twice. Now I go to the store.
They're shite on deliveries.

QuintessentialShadows Tue 25-Sep-12 10:49:15

I have had no problem with them at all. The items arrived quickly!

I think your issue is with the courier!

CaptainHetty Tue 25-Sep-12 10:51:30

I've never had an order from H&M turn up in less than 10 days. I just don't bother any more.

therewearethen Tue 25-Sep-12 11:00:35

Me 2! Ordered some maternity leggings and top, the top was in stock and took them nearly a week to dispatch. They e-mailed to say it had been dispatched but didn't say who with, it finally arrived 2 or 3 weeks after I purchased and paid for it. The leggings were dispatched last week as they were out of stock, god knows how long it'll take for them to arrive.

The top was delivered with hermes, I've ordered stuff from next who also use hermes and always had it arrive really quickly (I think next do next day del tho) but I can't see why it takes so long to arrive after dispatch.

Out of everyone I've ordered from online, H & M have definitely been the slowest and I'd think twice about ordering from them again, unless my maternity leggings are amazing and not see through like all the others!

amck5700 Tue 25-Sep-12 11:12:18

They are terrible, but in my area certainly they seem to be getting a bit better, think they may now have some UK based depots as they didn't used to - It all came across from ....I want to say Sweden, but not sure if that's right! abroad somewhere anyway.

glenthebattleostrich Tue 25-Sep-12 12:03:46

Wish I'd known how rubbish they are before I ordered.

It's annoying because they took 8 days to even dispatch, even though everything showed as being in stock and, as my contract is with H&M, I expect them to sort out their couriers. I think it is the fact that the customer service has been so rubbish that I'm annoyed. Just a shut up and wait until we decide you can have your stuff type email.

Back2Two Tue 25-Sep-12 12:07:32

I had a crap experience too.

SarryB Tue 25-Sep-12 12:26:44

H&M really mucked up my order a couple of months ago.

Made an order, checked online a week later to see that it had been delivered. It hadn't.
Rang helpline. Lady said it had been delivered. Oh wait, there's a note saying that it was left at the front door. Explained that I lived in an apartment block, so was it just left outside the reception?? Doesn't the order thing say that all packages must be signed for??
Lady agreed to re-send order plus 10% discount. Checked online for confirmation email. Order was COMPLETELY different to my original order, wrong clothes and sizes!
Rang back, spoke to a bloke. He cancelled the second (the wrong one) order, and re-ordered my original order. Plus 10% off.

Eventually received re-ordered order, about 6 days later. Then I received the actual original order about 10 days later. So I ended up with two lots of the same clothes, with 20% off all together. Gave the second lot of clothes to my mum.

Never ordering from them again. Turns out because of where I live, the delivery had been tendered out to UPS, as opposed to Hermes who normally deliver for them. And they had no way of finding out the driver of the UPS delivery van.

nipersvest Tue 25-Sep-12 15:08:32

their delivery times are ridiculous. my order took 5 weeks to arrive.

annh Wed 26-Sep-12 10:45:02

In the interests of fairness I felt I should report back that my order, dispatched Friday, arrived this morning! Not the fastest service in the world but not the worst either. It was sent by TNT Post so delivered by the postman on a normal round.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now