Talk

Advanced search

To break my own 'rules' and bring out the tights?

(10 Posts)
pointythings Mon 24-Sep-12 21:15:29

I always, always hang on until October before I ditch sandals and bare legs. But it's so blooming cold. WIBU to get my winter legs on already?

wanderingalbatross Mon 24-Sep-12 21:22:10

You could adopt my rule, which is to wait until September before bringing out the tights smile

culturemulcher Mon 24-Sep-12 21:24:54

It's officially Autumn, and you're still in sandals? confused

pointythings Mon 24-Sep-12 21:37:37

culturemulcher yeah, I'm hard, me smile.

Actually I can't remember ever feeling the cold this early. I don't feel cold much at all normally. We never have the heating on above 18C unless there is snow on the ground, and we only heat the DDs' bedrooms, not ours.

But I'm just freezing!

wandering this year that just sounds sensible. Today in the office I had cold feet. Mind you, I'm sitting here with bare feet in my FitFlop slippers (fleecy lining, thick sole) and am just toasty, so perhaps the problem is with the office...

Tights tomorrow it is, and I've broken out my boots too.

Oneflipflop Mon 24-Sep-12 21:38:58

It was nice to see my toes in August, once the trench foot cleared up, and too soon to say goodbye; but as they've now turned blue, we said farewell until Easter. Off to find snugly socks now.

fuckwittery Mon 24-Sep-12 21:43:13

I am compromising with sheer tan tights (I know, I know) and today, patterned crochet tights - is that what they called? I am desperately unfashionable aren't I.

I put the black tights on once last week, and UGH. SO depressed at the idea of 6 months of black tights. I also tried to buy sheer black hold ups today and I couldn't find any in Boots or Accessorise.

pointythings Mon 24-Sep-12 22:02:42

I only ever wear black tights. Mostly thick ones, since they're there to keep me warm. Can't stand tan tights, and no-one makes interestingly-patterned ones in a size that fits me (fat but tall). I tend to wear long skirts most of the time though, so I can swish around the office looking witchy, so I don't mind too much. And I love my boots, they're Duo, I bought them last year and wore them all the time, and they still look pristine.

Nevertheless I may need to treat myself to some expensive earrings to cheer myself up, though.

icapturethecastle Mon 24-Sep-12 22:12:08

I had to break out the tights today [sob] not ready to give up sandals yet.

Beaverfeaver Mon 24-Sep-12 22:14:44

Blue toes here too. Been wearing leggings/tights and boots most of summer

pointythings Mon 24-Sep-12 22:25:56

icapturethecastle I am not alone! Thank you!!!! <exclamation mark overload>

Don't feel bad that I beat you by one day, it was a bloody freezing miserable one.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now