Talk

Advanced search

WIBU to put in a proposal which actually compensates me for the work done?

(6 Posts)
MrsHoarder Mon 24-Sep-12 13:11:38

I use a freelancing site to find some work, and have found an advert for a job which I can do, but the company in question have put in the blurb that its an "internship" and the money offered is not for about 3 hours' work but per week (and working exclusively in their office fulltime).

WIBU to put together a fully priced proposal to illustrate what they are asking for for free? This is a skill which is a shortage area too...

WithoutCaution Mon 24-Sep-12 13:14:35

Are they looking to train someone to do it or are they looking for a fully qualified person?

Sunnywithachanceofshowers Mon 24-Sep-12 13:17:06

Definitely do so - you won't get the job but they'll know how cheeky they're being.

Sunnywithachanceofshowers Mon 24-Sep-12 13:17:18

Oh, and YADNBU smile

geegee888 Mon 24-Sep-12 13:23:18

Am so curious as to which field it is now! Cheek of them - I assume they are looking for a very inexperienced/trainee type person?

I am wondering how long it is before we see the first advert for an "employee" to pay an employer for the privelege of working!

MrsHoarder Mon 24-Sep-12 13:37:42

In their defence they do say "ideal for recent graduate", but it makes fairly clear that the person they "employ" will be the only person in this field so its not really a trainee position. Also its a media company who may not realise that outside of the media bubble (this is very much not a media-specific role) most people are paid to work smile Will do over my next cup of tea.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now