Talk

Advanced search

to now wear socks

(18 Posts)
devonshiredumpling Mon 24-Sep-12 03:39:22

feeling pissed off today as i finally caved and put on my first pair of socks for eight months AIBU to feel like this

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 24-Sep-12 04:01:52

It was colder than this in February so why cave in now?

YANBU. Snuggle up. Socks rock.

ripsishere Mon 24-Sep-12 05:38:49

I'd like to be wearing socks. It is bloody boiling here (Malaysia). OTOH, I do feel sorry for DH and DD going to school in socks. Her in particular. She needs to wear official sold by the school socks. They appear to be 100% nylon.

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 24-Sep-12 11:43:23

Oh ripi, you poor, hot thing. It's dark and raining here. I'm snuggly in socks and jumper with the lights on and a milky baby asleep on my lap. I'm just where I want to be! I love this weather as much as the fine weather.

kittyandthegoldenfontanelles Mon 24-Sep-12 11:43:58

Ripsi. Sorry!

Pascha Mon 24-Sep-12 11:45:15

NOW? I've been wearing socks every day for the whole year pretty much. I hate cold sweaty sticky feet.

LadyBeagleEyes Mon 24-Sep-12 11:47:47

Oh I sympathise Op
I'm another sock hater, but I've had to succumb now too and it'll be like this for months.
I quite enjoy getting my boots on again though.

Pandemoniaa Mon 24-Sep-12 11:53:01

Socks went back on this weekend. Along with boots.

A friend arrived for tea yesterday wearing a particularly repellent pair of sandals (in the pelting cold rain!) and spent most of her visit attempting to warm her feet up. Apparently she's made some bizarre rule up that prevents her wearing socks until October, regardless of the weather.

Lottapianos Mon 24-Sep-12 11:54:51

I do think it's officially socks and tights time now. I've come out sockless and my feet are freezing. My colleague is wearing leggings and boots and I'm well jel smile

diddl Mon 24-Sep-12 12:12:37

You´ve had 8months without socks??!!

Blimey!

I´m back into my leggings/tunics combo!

BackforGood Mon 24-Sep-12 12:21:26

With the SUmmer (??!!??) We've had, YABU to have not worn socks for the last 8 months, tbh. It has been cold enough for sock for the vast majority of the year IMO.

TwelveLeggedWalk Mon 24-Sep-12 12:23:39

YANBU, I hate socks. Bare feet rule and are easier to pick Cheerios off

RubberBullets Mon 24-Sep-12 12:28:04

I think I've managed 2 days this year without socks. I do live in Cornwall though so haven't had as much sunshine as up country.

aldiwhore Mon 24-Sep-12 12:31:45

I've got my socks on, my converse are having their annual wash (I know I know, no socks = stinky shoes - I do use the fresh feet inserts though).

My flip flops have been relagated to indoors only.

Its a relief, my feet have ben freezing all summer [stubborn]

NameChangeGalore Mon 24-Sep-12 12:32:04

Flipping hell. I've worn socks ALL year. I even gave birth in socks in January. During the summer I went bare feet for a total of 6 days, when we had that hot weather in June. Since then I've worn sheer ankle socks and now back to my winter black cotton socks.

ouryve Mon 24-Sep-12 12:34:02

Wearing socks? I'm contemplating fishing out my knitted socks.

LunaticFringe Mon 24-Sep-12 12:40:50

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

nickeldaisical Mon 24-Sep-12 12:42:17

i wear socks in the summer because i have sweaty feet and i don't like slipping in my shoes.

i don't wear them with sandals!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now