Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to have called them a shower of arseholes?

(83 Posts)
MrsKeithRichards Sun 23-Sep-12 19:35:33

I'm on holiday (baby sleepin dh out with older son so sitting on balcony having a sly cig and wine) in a big resort type place.

3 pools, one kids with big and small slide. It's not the best lay out. Small slide for tots goes into shallow (70cm) bit of pool which is separated from deeper end where the big slide empties but whole thing is no deeper than 120cm. Ds is 6 and been going up and down it for days, obeying the obvious rule of don't go down until the person before is clear.

So today ds and another boy who is 9 were going up and down over and over again. A rather portly (this is relevant, being rather portly myself I'm well aware of the splash I make) family (mum, dad and two daughters mid twenties) came around the pool and started going down the slide. No problems. Then more friends turned up, there was about 13 in total. They all started using the slide and weren't leaving any space in between. Ds and his mate were in amongst them all so dh joined in to slow it down. He'd let the 2 boys go down then let them get clear before going. The pool is quite small though.

Anyway this group were getting wilder and wilder and dh asked them to give the kids a chance to get clear but was ignored. They were coming down right after each other and it was mayhem, water everywhere, soaked my pram which was as far as possible from the pool (about 3m) and sending wave after wave over dh ds and his pal.

So I lost it.

I stood up and started shouting at them to calm the fuck down and let the kids get out the road. Then I called them a shower of arseholes. I got a round of applause from other people but I'm not proud at losing the head like that.

The usually vigilant lifeguard turned up 5 minutes later (there's 4 pools he covers) and chucked them out.

I feel a bit sheepish. I'm usually a seething type. Dh wasquite proud!

Sunnywithachanceofshowers Sun 23-Sep-12 19:38:40

Well done! smile

Oh, YADNBU

MissBetseyTrotwood Sun 23-Sep-12 19:39:26

I'm more shock at one lifeguard covering four pools! There was a pool unattended for 5 minutes? Yikes.

I'd probably have yelled too. Perhaps not the arseholes bit but I do like the 'shower' bit, given the context. Hope your buggy dried out.

WelshMaenad Sun 23-Sep-12 19:40:15

YWNBU. Wazzocks!

PicklesThePottyMouthedParrot Sun 23-Sep-12 19:40:47

A shower of arseholes! It's a good insult.

DawnOfTheDee Sun 23-Sep-12 19:41:54

YANBU! Good on you!

Nigglenaggle Sun 23-Sep-12 19:42:09

YANBU for yelling (I am guessing a polite excuse me would not have been heard ^^) but YABU for swearing in front of their kids, annoying as they may be. Not setting a good example really... Lifeguards should really have intervened before it got to that stage though 4 pools is a bit much for one person. In 5 minutes someone could have drowned.

MrsKeithRichards Sun 23-Sep-12 19:42:18

First time I've ever seen a lifeguard at a pool abroad. He just kind of wanders about and all kids are supervised.

lola88 Sun 23-Sep-12 19:42:29

Well done smile

Nigglenaggle Sun 23-Sep-12 19:43:03

OK may have misread that have just seen 'mid-twenties' Shower away :P

MrsKeithRichards Sun 23-Sep-12 19:46:19

They had no kids, it was just mine and his wee pal I swore in front of. His pals dad jumped up with me to say something but I got in their first!

Not proud of swearing but my son got out, once the waves subsided, and said I think you done the right thing there mummy!

Two other families with kids and I spoke to them afterwards and apologized for my language but they said I was quite right. Their kids weren't in the pool at the time.

NeedaWee Sun 23-Sep-12 19:46:39

shudders, thanks the lord i dont do package holidays

the foul mouthed tirades around kidswould be enough to make me look for another place to stay

hermioneweasley Sun 23-Sep-12 19:46:46

Well done! Don't be embarrassed - you did nothing wrong.

puds11 Sun 23-Sep-12 19:47:21

God... a shower of arseholes conjurers up the most disturbing images!

PicklesThePottyMouthedParrot Sun 23-Sep-12 19:51:45

Poor old needawee. Go and have a nice lie down.

Tweasels Sun 23-Sep-12 19:53:27

Well done. I hate that sort of thing. It's a bit like when parents let their 9/10 year olds rampage through the baby area at the soft play and all the babies end up getting kicked in the face etc...

YABVU though to be enjoying a wine and a sly cig on the balcony while I'm stuck in the house and it's fucking freezing! envy

Enjoy the rest of your holiday Mrs R. grin

Tweasels Sun 23-Sep-12 19:55:18

Ah needawee

Go haveyourwee

And get over yourself......

apostropheuse Sun 23-Sep-12 19:56:28

You were absolutely right to react that way; they obviously deserved it!

Incidentally, "A shower of arseholes" is the correct collective term - at least in Scotland it is!

grin

BobblyOrangeGoldGussets Sun 23-Sep-12 20:00:47

Tell me where you are on holiday so I never go there by mistake please OP. We've had mention of Jeremy Kyles diner on another thread tonight. This sounds like Jeremy Kyle's holiday resort.

Are you all in Magauf or Benidorm.

MrsKeithRichards Sun 23-Sep-12 20:00:48

I'm Scottish and it was the first thing that popped into my head. I consciously had to make sure I said kids rather than bairns!!

PicklesThePottyMouthedParrot Sun 23-Sep-12 20:02:19

Your nice bobbly. Why don't you tell us where you go so we can avoid it like the plague.

battherat Sun 23-Sep-12 20:02:45

YANBU. I would've come over and shaken your hand.

SummerRain Sun 23-Sep-12 20:03:44

Also in Ireland.... Also works as the collective noun for cunts, prices and langers (you'll need to be in cork for the last one though)

OP you were dead right, nothing worse than adults who bully kids out of kids play areas!

SummerRain Sun 23-Sep-12 20:04:45

Pricks not prices!

complexnumber Sun 23-Sep-12 20:05:03

Ds 6 still on summer holiday? Cor!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now