Talk

Advanced search

To not want anyone to have access to all of my pictures of DS?

(29 Posts)
Misunderstood48 Sun 23-Sep-12 15:30:46

I have uploaded all of my pictures of my DS (8000+) to google+ just to back them up.

DH said that we should make them all accessible to family by giving them our account and password.

AIBU to say no way?

I don't want everyone to see all our pictures that we have ever taken of DS as I want to put some on canvas and do a photo album and I don't want everyone to have seen all of the pictures we have ever taken.

I just think that it is personal to me to have some pictures to show rather than everyone in the family having access to all of them.

DH thinks that I am being very unreasonable but am I really?

FryOneFatManic Sun 23-Sep-12 15:35:06

YANBU

If you give your account details to your family, how will you ensure they don't give those details to anyone else.

I keep everything that is online about me and my family very private. If someone in my wider family wants to look or has reason to know some info, they come to see me and I give them only what they have requested.

squeakytoy Sun 23-Sep-12 15:36:25

Do you not think that 8000+ is a tad fecking excessive??? confused

YANBU to want to give everyone access but seriously 8000????

ThreadWatcher Sun 23-Sep-12 15:38:13

YADNBU

I am [shocked] that you have 8000 photos though.
And envy I have more like 200 of mine and they are 8 and 11!

NeedaWee Sun 23-Sep-12 15:40:57

id be very surprised if anyone else was even slightly interested tbh

baby photos rank on boredom scale with holiday photos of the lake district

PennyDead Sun 23-Sep-12 15:41:54

8000 photos?

Misunderstood48 Sun 23-Sep-12 15:42:10

Thankyou for the replies, I do have a extreme little obsession with taking pictures as I only have a couple of when I was a baby so I wanted DS to have plenty blush

DS was 1 last week

RubyFakeNails Sun 23-Sep-12 15:42:46

8000 PLUS?!

Thats enough for 1 everyday for over 21 years!!!!

I can't imagine they would want access to all that but yanbu for not wanting them to have it.

Thumbwitch Sun 23-Sep-12 15:43:41

How old is your DS? I mean, if he's 20, then 8000+ photos isn't that bad really.

YANBU, btw - I wouldn't let anyone else have the password either. If DH is that fecking bothered, why not just select some for a flickr album or something and pass that on instead?

Glittertwins Sun 23-Sep-12 15:44:02

Might be boring to you but some people do like to see them.
We have well over 10000 that we or others have taken. I know this as the file counter ticked over a month or so back.

I would not be handing over a google plus profile and password. If you want to share them, use a tool like photobucket and put certain ones in it.

jammic Sun 23-Sep-12 15:44:16

I can't imagine anyone else having the time, inclination to look through all 8000 of your photos so I wouldn't worry!

Thumbwitch Sun 23-Sep-12 15:44:34

Fucknhell, he's one????
OK, you're obsessed. Consider trimming them down...

Pascha Sun 23-Sep-12 15:44:59

That means you have taken an average of just shy of 22 pictures per day confused

WorraLiberty Sun 23-Sep-12 15:45:10

Catch yourself on

Do you really think anyone on this earth is going to study 8000+ photos of your child in any detail?

I imagine they would have lost the will to live after the first hundred.

PicklesThePottyMouthedParrot Sun 23-Sep-12 15:45:46

I think even my mum would struggle to look at 8000 of a one year old.

I see your point. Can you make a small family album for your family and keep the rest private?

McHappyPants2012 Sun 23-Sep-12 15:45:48

I could easily double that, my camera holds 1000 of photos. I remember pricing them up last years and it would cost £100 to get them all printed.

Op Yanbu there are some photo that are private, with me it breast feeding picture, the pictures of me in labour and the very 1st photos of Dc. Bath pic ect I don't want any one apart from DH

Misunderstood48 Sun 23-Sep-12 15:49:05

Fryone I never thought about that and I will add this to my list of concerns to DH.

I am very private about my family life, No facebook etc. It was a straight no to allowing anyone to have access to all of our pictures.

I do email family pictures if they ask but DH said that he wants his family to see them all.

It took a long time to upload them all!

TidyGOLDDancer Sun 23-Sep-12 15:51:44

Fuck me, 8000?!?! I thought for sure that would be a typo!

YANBU I suppose, but honestly and in the nicest possible way, no one is going to wade through all those photos. Baby photos are never as thrilling to others are the parents think they are.

I don't blame you for wanting to keep some photos just for you though.

Misunderstood48 Sun 23-Sep-12 15:53:05

Pascha I have taken over 200 in a day many times blush

Maybe I should consider photo rehab...

Misunderstood48 Sun 23-Sep-12 15:54:18

Thankyou all for the replies, I will try to explain it a bit more to DH when he is back.

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 23-Sep-12 15:55:49

I wouldn't hand over passwords but for close family perhaps put them somewhere else on line with a separate log-on. But you know - not all 8000 wink

MrsCampbellBlack Sun 23-Sep-12 15:56:29

I am absolutely amazed at 200 photos in one day though shock [misses point of thread entirely]

Sallyingforth Sun 23-Sep-12 15:58:44

I am very private about my family life, No facebook etc. It was a straight no to allowing anyone to have access to all of our pictures.

I applaud that. Well done for keeping private things private.
But remember that security is only as good as the security of the password. I hope that you don't have that password saved on phones, laptops etc that might get lost or stolen. You need to enforce a log-in-every-time environment.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sun 23-Sep-12 16:00:04

If they are on google+ they are I think also on Picasa Web Albums. Create a new folder in there for photos for your family. Set privacy to with link only. Give your family the link to that folder. You can reset the link (thus removing access) whenever you want

McHappyPants2012 Sun 23-Sep-12 16:00:16

Op it is so easy to do, Christmas Day for example I took over a hundred photos and also had the camcorder out.

I love looking at old photos of my dc, I know where my problem stems from as my parents have not got any photos of me before the age of 7 as they was all distroyed in a house fire

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now