Talk

Advanced search

To just have a bath?

(8 Posts)
midori1999 Sun 23-Sep-12 09:51:26

I haven't even wanted a bath for ages. I could bathe in pregnancy (due to risk of infection) and wanted them all the time then too, but didn't. Now I've had a LLETZ procedure last Weds to remove abnormal cells from my cervix. The aftercare leaflet says no baths for 4 weeks due to infection risk... so, of course, now I really want one... I am so tempted...

midori1999 Sun 23-Sep-12 09:51:50

couldn't bathe in pregnancy....

BigRedIndiaRubberBall Sun 23-Sep-12 10:10:01

Don't do it! I did it, and ended up on the kind of antibiotics you actually can't drink on. Not worth it.

midori1999 Sun 23-Sep-12 10:15:11

Well I've looked on several sites and the Jo's Cervical cancer trust one says you can have a bath the day after. The nurse at the hospital said that site was good/reliable.

MrSunshine Sun 23-Sep-12 10:16:50

Why couldn't you bathe during pregnancy? confused

midori1999 Sun 23-Sep-12 10:26:45

Because of the risk of infection. My waters went at just under 15 weeks when I was pregnant with my twins and one of the causes of this (they don't usually find a cause) is infection, so I was advised not to have baths (or sex) in further pregnancies as a precaution.

aldiwhore Sun 23-Sep-12 12:02:27

I would follow advice. Although you would probably be okay, the advice is there for a reason, and if you did get an infection then you'd be pretty cross with yourself for the sake of a bath.

Hope you stay well though, it must have been a worrying time for you x

Shesparkles Sun 23-Sep-12 12:06:04

To be honest I wouldn't. I had that same procedure a few years ago, which I found very traumatic as
I had pnd
The procedure hasn't been properly explained to me

And I really wouldn't have knowingly put myself at risk of infection, no matter how small, for the sake of a bath. Just give yourself a countdown for when you can have 1.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now