Talk

Advanced search

To expect a new relationship to be more two way?

(6 Posts)
Poppysquad Sat 22-Sep-12 22:04:42

Having recently been divorced, I have been seeing a guy who I met through the Internet for around six months. We have fallen into a sort of habit of staying in touch through emails, as well as phone calls/texts. Today, I've heard nothing from him at all. No reply to my morning email and no response to my text.

The trouble is, that having being deceived by my ex, who was having an affair, any odd thing makes me distruustful, unnerved.

I know he's out with friends tonight but he seems to have forgotten about me today and this is probably the first time this has happened in all the months I've known him.

MammaTJisWearingGold Sat 22-Sep-12 22:06:22

OK, leave it 24 hours before panicking, you know it makes sense!!

WorraLiberty Sat 22-Sep-12 22:07:47

Perhaps he's been out all day and his phone's dead?

Either way, it's a bit early to be panicking about it.

Ragwort Sat 22-Sep-12 22:07:52

Thank goodness I did all my dating years ago, well before email and texting grin - it seems there is an assumption these days to be in almost permanent contact with someone.

I would leave it, let him make the next move, don't let him think you are being needy, it is very off-putting (for both men and women).

smile

SweetSeraphim Sat 22-Sep-12 22:08:20

Have you met him?

Poppysquad Sat 22-Sep-12 22:19:28

Yes. We've met quite a few times. But I am still concerned that a lot of these dates are at my instigation. He seems very happy to come along and we have a good time. I'm just so sensitive as my ex pulled away from me and I am anticipating it happening again.

I'll stay away as advised and wait and see..

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now