Talk

Advanced search

To think about renaming my almost 4yo

(34 Posts)
RubyStolenBootyGates Sat 22-Sep-12 18:31:01

Fenton.

Because that's what it's like every time we leave the house.

Fine in the park (unless he decides to run throught the middle of a football match) but not so much fun if I have to take him shopping.

<collapses into chair and weeps quietly>
DS1 wasn't like this and my legs are 21 years older.

<unearths toddler reins and waves them menacingly>

cece Sat 22-Sep-12 18:36:01

Put the reigns on him. It worked a treat on DS1 at that age. Especially the day he wore them on the school run and lots of kids pointed and laughed . He didn't do it again. grin

queenofthepirates Sat 22-Sep-12 18:44:50

I laughed out loud! That's so funny. Can someone make a video of your park visit please? I will pay good money.

FancyBread Sat 22-Sep-12 20:18:24

Fenton is quite a nice name grin. Perhaps you could teach him to fetch sticks to tire him out?

<<not helpful at all>>

RubyStolenBootyGates Sat 22-Sep-12 20:22:18

I'm trying to teach him not to pick random crap up off of the floor Fancy!

Hmmm. Fenton Gates? Sounds like a firm of solicitors!

RuleBritannia Sat 22-Sep-12 20:23:09

Isn't Fenton the name of that dog that chased deer in a London park and it was publicised on You Tube?

Football match = deer
Reins = lead

QueenofthePirates made me think of this

I this a troll.

lljkk Sat 22-Sep-12 20:24:00

pmsl.

PunkInDublic Sat 22-Sep-12 20:24:30

Full name for Sundays. Jesus Christ Fenton Gates. Has a ring to it.

RubyStolenBootyGates Sat 22-Sep-12 20:25:36

The whole point Rule is that he behaves exactly like Fenton the dog when let off his lead reins. <head/desk>

ThisOnce Sat 22-Sep-12 20:26:02

Rule she's not saying he's called Fenton, she's joking about changing his name to that.

PropositionJoe Sat 22-Sep-12 20:31:51

You need to be mean and train him, like fenton's owner. There's an annoying boy at DS's school whose surname is Fenton grin

MammaTJisWearingGold Sat 22-Sep-12 20:42:02

I knew someone who called their son Gideon, their surname was Case-Giddy Case. Irrelevant, but just saying!

MogTheForgetfulCat Sat 22-Sep-12 20:44:13

I was at university with someone called Fenton. He was an arsehole, so I wouldn't grin.

<also irrelevant>

Northernlurkerisbackatwork Sat 22-Sep-12 20:44:35

If there isn't anyone who hasn't seen it fenton

Always makes me laugh. Oh the despair

GetDownNesbitt Sat 22-Sep-12 20:47:39

Have you stolen my DS2?

He will be known as Fenton from now on....thanks!

MisForMumNotMaid Sat 22-Sep-12 20:47:59

Lol. DH is looking perplexed at me.

RubyStolenBootyGates Sat 22-Sep-12 20:52:48

He's finally gone to sleep! In fact he fell asleep halfway through Doctor Who tonight. No Dinosaurs! No Cowboys! No Daleks! Tonight's DW didn't score well on the Fentometer!

Nesbitt we need a support group. and discount on bulk bought fisherman's friends

pookamoo Sat 22-Sep-12 21:00:40

shock You let Fenton watch DW at not yet 4? Isn't it a bit too scary?

foreverondiet Sat 22-Sep-12 21:06:19

No 4 year old boys like shopping. Just saying....

RubyStolenBootyGates Sat 22-Sep-12 21:10:01

Fenton loves DW. We have the sofa in the approved hideable-behind-for-the-scarey-bits position.

It's traditional. He was very chuffed when we met a chap who designed some of the original Dalek toys a couple of weeks ago. And even more chuffed when he helped him find a bit that had dropped of OH's his cyberman.

RubyStolenBootyGates Sat 22-Sep-12 21:13:04

No Forever I get most of it delivered or get it while he's at nursery, but today we had to buy batteries for the remote control robot, and a new water bottle for the Guinea pigs who have mangled yet another of the damned things.

It was unavoidable, and Fenton had to come too as OH is speaking at a conference in the US.

TeamEdward Sat 22-Sep-12 21:13:31

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

TheOneAndOnlyMaryZed Sat 22-Sep-12 21:15:25

I'm a supporter of reins.

Though ds2 still reminds me of the fact that I progressed from reins to rope. In fact, ten years later he still bitterly resents the fact that I tied him to a seat on a ferry once.

He was a climber as well as a runner. It was exhausting.

RubyStolenBootyGates Sat 22-Sep-12 21:17:48

Rope you say MaryZ ? Hmmmm <strokes chin>

TheOneAndOnlyMaryZed Sat 22-Sep-12 21:22:45

I used to tie rope to the back of his dungarees when he was a toddler blush. I got some funny looks, but he didn't drown (we spent a lot of time by water).

I used to tie ds1 to the double buggy by his reins sometimes as well as I couldn't push it fast enough to catch him when he ran away.

Both my boys were bolters.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now