Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to have told some noisy tweens off in the cinema?

(24 Posts)
Itsgottabebags Sat 22-Sep-12 17:28:54

Was at the cinema with a friend and some tweens were talking behind me constantly so I told them that I hadn't paid £7.95 to listen to them and that if they didn't shut up I would tell the manager?

Dominodonkey Sat 22-Sep-12 17:29:55

YANBU.

nannyl Sat 22-Sep-12 17:30:25

I would have probably phrased it a bit nicer, but otherwise IMO YANBU

£7.95 shock

YANBU

Itsgottabebags Sat 22-Sep-12 17:32:38

Oops mistake on the price £7.25.

LemarchandsBox Sat 22-Sep-12 17:32:57

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

usualsuspect3 Sat 22-Sep-12 17:33:56

You could have been a bit nicer. No need to be so nasty really.

usualsuspect3 Sat 22-Sep-12 17:34:54

Although I did tut loudly at a swearing boy myself today grin

Itsgottabebags Sat 22-Sep-12 17:35:25

They walked out, came back and went and sat somewhere else.

YouMayLogOut Sat 22-Sep-12 17:36:01

YANBU

Itsgottabebags Sat 22-Sep-12 17:38:00

I wasn't nasty imo and even if it came across that way they should have been more considerate of other viewers. People come to the cinema to see a film. If they don't want to watch it they shouldn't go.

LemarchandsBox Sat 22-Sep-12 17:40:38

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

valiumredhead Sat 22-Sep-12 17:41:18

YANBU but I would have moved if possible rather than got angry.

flow4 Sat 22-Sep-12 17:49:38

I don't think people talk to teens and tweens about their behaviour often enough, so (providing you did it respectfully and perhaps with a bit of humour) well done smile
Kids don't often know instinctively what's right and what's wrong - they need to be told - and if no-one tells them, they can't be expected to know.
If we all took a bit more social responsibility and challenged stuff we didn't like, politely but firmly, the world would be a better place, IMO smile

Mum2Luke Sat 22-Sep-12 17:49:59

YANBU I would have asked them nicely at first, if they didn't stop, they would have ben told off grin. Cinemas are not cheap anymore so why should we pay high prices for ticket prices and snacks to end up having to listen to chattering.

I agree that they should be quiet and not go if they want to talk.

Startailoforangeandgold Sat 22-Sep-12 17:51:18

YANBU
And if my DD2 and her chatty rabble are behind you please feel entirely free to tell them to shut up.

mcrvamp Sat 22-Sep-12 17:52:28

YANBU! I would have done the same. I have walked down a few rows before to tell people to shut up.

Itsgottabebags Sat 22-Sep-12 17:55:12

It was three quaters of the way through the film and moving was not really an option.

WhitesandsofLuskentyre Sat 22-Sep-12 17:58:20

YANBU, I have done it myself on more than one occasion. In fact, one time I couldn't even be bothered to warn them, I just reported them instantly and they got asked to leave.

AlmostAGoldHipster Sat 22-Sep-12 17:58:43

YANBU. I once shouted 'STOP THAT!' at some teens who were chucking popcorn at random people!

Amazingly, they did, but I was expecting a whole carton to be lobbed at my head smile

I once told silly teens to ssssshhh.

They were ruining all the scary bits by screaming then giggling after for ages. As soon as I did it once other people in the cinema started doing it too and they soon shut up.

I think they just get a bit excitable and need reminded that not everyone wants to have a giggle fit!

ll31 Sat 22-Sep-12 18:04:21

Yanbu -have done same -using similar words. .. can't see how some posters think you were rude

TheGOLDCunnyFunt Sat 22-Sep-12 18:29:10

Yanbu at all!

MrsRobertDuvallHasRosacea Sat 22-Sep-12 19:07:45

Well done you.
I have done the same thing on the rare occasion I go there...I don't go often for that reason. Other badly behaved people..not just young people...who insist on talking/texting/eating noisily.
Thank god for Curzon cinemas.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now