Talk

Advanced search

AIBU to ask you to look in Children's Health...

(20 Posts)
vvviola Sat 22-Sep-12 13:27:38

... for my post about DD vomiting thick mucous.

It's just that it's the middle of the night here and I'm beginning to over- think things & consult Dr. Google. And that can only lead to me calling my Mum on the other side of the world and us all getting upset because she can't really help from all the way over there...

differentnameforthis Sat 22-Sep-12 13:29:21

Do you not have an out of hours number you can call? Failing that, if you are very concerned, A&E?

vvviola Sat 22-Sep-12 13:33:12

The out of hours number previously advised me to rush straight to A&E for a grumpy child (I had rung to ask about reactions to skin prick test), who promptly pretty much laughed me out of the place.

I don't trust their advice.

I'm 99.9% sure she doesn't need doc until the morning. I'm just sitting, listening to her (and DH angry) snore and feeling a little vulnerable and letting my mind run away with itselfhmm

GoldShip Sat 22-Sep-12 13:34:26

What colour is it?
What is her temperature?
Is she eating and drinking?

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sat 22-Sep-12 13:34:30

Have answered...it's common for wee ones to swallow and bring up McDs when they have a cold smile

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sat 22-Sep-12 13:34:47

Mucous not McDs, strange ipad

DoMeDon Sat 22-Sep-12 13:35:42

Has she had a bad cold? Could it be phlegm?

squeakytoy Sat 22-Sep-12 13:36:23

dunno.. McD's is more likely to be brought back up too! grin

Thumbwitch Sat 22-Sep-12 13:38:19

Need more info - has she a cold? a chest infection? Is she coughing as well? what colour is it?

fanjoforthemammaries7850 Sat 22-Sep-12 13:38:54

Squeaky grin

vvviola Sat 22-Sep-12 13:44:12

She had an ear infection, just finished anti-b's this morning. May have a cold, or possibly reacting to something (she has a few food allergies). No temp, clear/white-ish mucous.

Sleeping fine now, other than the occasional wheeze and wriggle. Making my arm numb grin, not quite happy enough to put her back in cot yet though.

Thanks everyone (on this thread & other) thanks

vvviola Sat 22-Sep-12 14:14:41

Just spotted fanjo's McD's autocorrect

gringringrin

I knew I shouldn't have given her that big mac wink

differentnameforthis Sat 22-Sep-12 14:19:57

Fair enough, op! Hope she is better soon.

And stay off google ;)

Mrsjay Sat 22-Sep-12 14:21:54

Mucas and MCds grin sometimes whent hey hav an infection it can settle into the stomach and then they can throw it up but If you are realy worried take her to the Drs and stop goggiling, you trust google more than the Dr hmm

vvviola Sat 22-Sep-12 14:54:10

Oh no, MrsJay, I just don't trust the health advice line people very much. I don't trust Dr Google either, but sometimes the temptation at 1am is just too much grin
Fear not, if I get seriously worried I'll be straight on my way to the out of hours doc.

I tried her in her cot for a whole but she started coughing and retching again, so now she's back curled up in my arms sleeping like nothing is the matter.

Thumbwitch Sat 22-Sep-12 23:13:18

How is she this morning, vvviola?

vvviola Sun 23-Sep-12 00:46:03

Much better thanks. In the end she finally settled in the bed beside me at 4am, and then got up for the day at 7. Only a little bit congested and not particularly keen on eating. Feeding well though and seems in good form, so unless there's another deterioration I'm happy enough to wait for a regular appointment on Monday morning.

Thanks for asking!

Thumbwitch Sun 23-Sep-12 00:57:56

Pleased to hear it - hope she improves soon smile

vvviola Sun 23-Sep-12 06:28:54

And she got worse again... took her to out of hours service. Doc reckoned it was related to allergies and gave me Ventolin to help keep her airways clear. Strict instructions to return if it gets as bad as last night again. sad

Poor little thing. She's perfectly fine between bouts of it. She's probably keeping every second feed down & hasn't eaten anything today.

I'm very glad she's got an appointment with the paediatrician about her allergies in a week's time.

BlackholesAndRevelations Sun 23-Sep-12 08:11:09

I was going to say, my brother had childhood asthma and used to wake up in the night thirsty, have a drink if water, and them throw up mucous. How old is she? Hope you get some answers soon x

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now