We rely on advertising to keep the lights on.

Please consider adding us to your whitelist.

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To find this extremely inappropriate and stomach turning??

(48 Posts)
AhForFeckSake Sat 22-Sep-12 10:47:14

Hi, can I ask your opinions on this
http://www.newpolandexpress.pl/pdf_copies/newpolandexpress_188_2012-09-21.pdf

It's the first story regarding the priest and School initiation.

To be honest it's made me feel rather sick. I'm not saying that the priest is a paedo or anything but imo he has seriously crossed the boundaries of what is acceptable. Anyway read for yourself.

The question really and my point for posting is to ask AIBU for what I've just said to my Polish husband.
Basically he doesn't find much wrong with it, initiations are very common in Polish schools and while he's never licked cream from a priests knee's he has had to participate in other things.
I have said today if any of our future children are subjected to something like this then I will immediately remove them from the school- end of story. He disagree's and firmly believes it was just for fun.

AhForFeckSake Sat 22-Sep-12 10:48:03

*sorry I don't know how to create a live link.

RuleBritannia Sat 22-Sep-12 10:50:18

www.newpolandexpress.pl/pdf_copies/newpolandexpress_188_2012-09-21.pdf

I've never done it before so this is a first time for me.

RuleBritannia Sat 22-Sep-12 10:50:50

I've done it! I've done it! I'll look at it now.

MrsRajeshKoothrappali Sat 22-Sep-12 10:50:54

That looks utterly twisted.

dottyspotty2 Sat 22-Sep-12 10:50:55

here

RuleBritannia Sat 22-Sep-12 10:54:54

No, I wouldn't want my daughter or son to have to lick anything from a teacher's knees. How humiliating! Is the man holding a cane across his knees? What is that for? To punish them if they won't lick his knee?

It would not be allowed in this country!

babybythesea Sat 22-Sep-12 10:58:41

Weird beyond belief. And no, I wouldn't be leaving a child of mine anywhere if this was expected of them.
I don't get why an adult would smear cream on his knees in front of kids - that's just odd in the extreme. Neither do i get why the priest says "It's just shaving cream." Why the hell would you put shaving cream on your knee? And why does that one girl appear to be licking it off if it is shaving cream?
This kind of stuff is stuff that should go on between two adults who will be taking it further and having fun. That's what makes it weird. At no point in my life have I ever felt it appropriate to lick stuff off someone's body in that kind of deliberate, planned manner unless I was romantically involved with them.
There's initiation and there's just horrible. This, for me, fits with the latter.

AhForFeckSake Sat 22-Sep-12 11:07:06

Thanks rule and Dotty for linking it properly for me.

I'll be back on later to read the replies as I have to go out now.

MrsRajeshKoothrappali Sat 22-Sep-12 11:12:21

Why is that girl wet? Did he piss on her or something?

Children should be left well out of people's sexual fantasies if that's what it is .

Horrible, horrible man. Aclassic case of someone who has too much power.

thebody Sat 22-Sep-12 11:17:28

Ewwwww stomach churning and why is the girl wet and why is he holding a cane.

I think your dh needs a reality check.

TheGoldenKnid Sat 22-Sep-12 11:19:53

YANBU. I dislike any initiation ceremony that involves humiliation (and a lot of them do). This one seems to have sexual undertones, so particularly yucky. I agree with you, OP, no child of mine would go near that school.

rainbow2000 Sat 22-Sep-12 11:21:19

I was reading that teh other day turned my stomach.He looks a bit excited in the pics.Obviously getting off on it.
Tis no way my kids would be going to that school.Wonder what they will do aboout it.

dysfunctionalme Sat 22-Sep-12 11:21:26

churning (not turning)

AhForFeckSake Sat 22-Sep-12 11:55:44

Just a quick reply before I head out.

The girl is wet probably due to some other initiation involving being soaked with water - which I'm told is one of the more "popular" customs. Fine! no problem with that one, they have something similar in Polish custom, kind of like our April fools day = young kids have between morning and lunchtime to soak whoever they want.
I really have no idea why he's resting a cane on his lap ??? Nor can my DH elaborate.

Agreed- it would most certainly not be allowed in our country, the Priest would have been suspended/sacked before being able to rise from that chair.

Here's where we clash - long ago we accepted that Priests are not always holier than thou- a small minority are actual paedophiles and this has been proved.
In Poland, they are a very religious catholic country and I don't know if it's a denial thing, or they genuinely believe a man so close to God is not capable of doing such things, there's such a naivety iyswim There has been "incidents" in Poland but it's not as public as UK or Ireland.
I don't want to bad mouth me DH religion, it's important to him and of course it's not only catholic priests who abuse positions of power.

AmberLeaf Sat 22-Sep-12 12:06:39

That is appalling.

Birdsgottafly Sat 22-Sep-12 12:10:22

A child shouldn't be licking anything off an adults body, under any circumstances.

sashh Sat 22-Sep-12 12:10:45

OMMB

The parents are supporting him. And the kids had to crawl up stairs too.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/2012/09/20/schoolchildren-licked-cream-legs-polish-initiation_n_1899602.html#slide=1546460

HalfaShandy Sat 22-Sep-12 12:13:47

Oh that is just wrong! Very wrong.

Makes me feel ill.

Thats disturbingly sick.

SuoceraBlues Sat 22-Sep-12 12:14:15

The parents are supporting him

Yeah, that still happens in very Catholic countries.

A family in the villiage up the road from me has been hounded out by stridently supportive parishioners, because the preist is in prison for what he did to their child at oratorio.

It's like a selective blindness.

Birdsgottafly Sat 22-Sep-12 12:14:19

It seems that they just had to put their faces into the 'shaving foam'.

www.huffingtonpost.co.uk/.../schoolchildren-licked-cream-legs-polis...

imogengladhart Sat 22-Sep-12 12:27:52

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

lifeisfuckinggreat Sat 22-Sep-12 15:32:41

Urghh, you can even see his errection. This is so disturbing.

DelhiCalling Sat 22-Sep-12 15:54:39

Disgusting. No child of mine is going near a catholic church or school.

Calabria Sat 22-Sep-12 17:42:05

I went to catholic school and church and I have never had to do anything like that. Nor have I heard of anyone at the school or church doing anything like that.

Foul angry

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now