Talk

Advanced search

To want to hear news about both my nephews?

(6 Posts)
Molehillmountain Sat 22-Sep-12 09:51:42

I always hear about the achievements and exploits of the older one. The younger one is hardly mentioned. Makes me a bit sad. Aibu?

puds11 Sat 22-Sep-12 09:56:18

How old is the younger one? That does seem a bit odd.

RobotLover68 Sat 22-Sep-12 10:05:10

could you listen to the other's achievements and then ask about the other one - do it every time and maybe they'll start getting the idea that you interested in both of them?

DawnOfTheDee Sat 22-Sep-12 10:07:20

What are their ages? Maybe it's just the older is just that, older, so they are doing more stuff like starting school/hobbies, making friends.

Do you think there is favouritism going on or something? I'm assuming there's a bit more back story here?

Molehillmountain Sat 22-Sep-12 18:35:06

I don't think it's favouritism. More that dn1 started lots of activities, musical and sporting, that they suggested and the same activities haven't been offered to dn2, because of time, money and a different approach. Dn2 gets to do stuff that he asks to do, but dn1 had stuff suggested to him. By this age, dn1 was learning two instruments, dn2 has started whole class lessons at school. It's not deliberate, but still feels uncomfortable and dn2's thing he is celebrated for if anything is being the family clown. Might all come out in the wash but feels a bit strange at the moment.

Molehillmountain Sat 22-Sep-12 18:36:05

Dn1 is twelve, dn2 is nine.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now