Talk

Advanced search

wtf do I do right now..hotel nightmare!!

(36 Posts)
iHaveNoIkea Fri 21-Sep-12 21:51:51

I booked a hotel for me and my baby DS a few weeks ago as we are away for the weekend for a family wedding. Booked room no problem, but when we arrived I was told there was a wedding happening here and the party wouldn't be over til 1am. I was assured my room wasn't near the party room so we wouldn't be disturbed.

My room is right bloody next to the party room!!!! The whole room is vibrating from the bass. Thankfully DS completely konked out before we went to bed and is still asleep but I have no idea how I'm meant to sleep. If I'd been told about this before I booked I would have found somewhere else. There will also be a wedding tomorrow til 1am but we will be at our family wedding.

Is there anything I can do about this?!?

LastMangoInParis Fri 21-Sep-12 21:53:13

Ask if you can move?

Ask for ear plugs?

LadySybildeChocolate Fri 21-Sep-12 21:53:33

Have you spoken to reception?

ImagineJL Fri 21-Sep-12 21:54:27

Ask to move rooms, or for a refund if that's not possible, given that you were assured you wouldn't be near the party.

FreePeaceSweet Fri 21-Sep-12 21:55:43

Yes. Ask to be moved. Tell them that you were assured your room wasn't near the party. Any good receptionist will move you. I would if possible. They should have put the party guests in those rooms.

SharpObject Fri 21-Sep-12 21:55:43

Get on the phone! Tell reception you want moving to another room or another hotel as you were assured you wouldn't be disturbed!

boredandrestless Fri 21-Sep-12 21:56:53

Go to or call the front desk and complain?? Ask to be moved or refunded.

AgentZigzag Fri 21-Sep-12 21:57:39

Definitely asked to be moved, or ear plugs if you don't want to move your DS.

Or you could go and ask them whether they can keep it down a bit? grin

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Fri 21-Sep-12 21:58:53

If you want to move, ask reception. They will probably say no, but if you don't mind moving your ds it's worth a try. Or just ask for ear plugs.

You should definatly let them know there is a problem now if you are going to try and get a some money off the price of your room.

ivykaty44 Fri 21-Sep-12 21:58:59

I would telephone reception and ask them to come to the room - that way - either she will not be able to hear you talk - make sure you don't talk loud wink and let her know that you were assured the room would be well away from the wedding disco.

Then aks them what they are goign to do about it?

Seee what she says

then decide if it fits with your wishes - if it doesn't ask to see the duty manager.

Repeat process

BikeRunSki Fri 21-Sep-12 21:59:05

Hhhmmm tricky one. How confident are you that DS will go back to sleep if you move?

swooosh Fri 21-Sep-12 21:59:19

call reception!

Noqontrol Fri 21-Sep-12 22:01:23

Call reception and complain.

G1nger Fri 21-Sep-12 22:05:22

Been there, done that. We moved rooms - yes, with a sleeping baby carried down the corridor.

iHaveNoIkea Fri 21-Sep-12 22:06:22

Not confident that DS will stay asleep if moved at all plus I have a lot of stuff that would take numerous trips to move!! (I had help earlier from a family friend with it)

Will call reception now and let them know I'm really not happy.

FancyBread Fri 21-Sep-12 22:08:07

I would kick up a huge fuss. I think it's totally unacceptable for the hotel to do this and I think you should ask for your all your money back. The hotel will know that the room is noisy but are gambling that most guests will not bother to complain or that they will be able to fob them off.

Make sure you leave a review on tripadvisor. If they deal with your complaint efficiently then you can state this in the review.

Let us know what happens smile.

Good luck.

ivykaty44 Fri 21-Sep-12 22:10:04

I would be asking for a refund, they didn't give you the correct information about the room when they sold it to you, and you did ask.

I would also be wanting a large couple of glasses of wine to help me sleep wink

AgentZigzag Fri 21-Sep-12 22:11:18

Yeah, just say you're not happy and let them come up with a solution.

StripyShoes Fri 21-Sep-12 22:29:15

Hope they are able to sort it out for you smile

quoteunquote Fri 21-Sep-12 22:58:48

Keep complaining, they shouldn't charge you for your stay.

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Fri 21-Sep-12 23:03:44

They won't, and shouldn't be expected to, give you a full refund. Be realistic and go for 20% off.

ElaineBenes Sat 22-Sep-12 03:59:25

Of course they should give a full refund! The OP is reasonably entitled to quiet enjoyment of the room.

If it's noise beyond the hotel's control, then that's understandable but a wedding is a predictable event which they were aware of when they sold her the room. They are also making a profit over the wedding being held there.

I wouldn't be happy paying for something which I effectively am not able to use (ie SLEEP!).

MissPollysTrolleyed Sat 22-Sep-12 04:07:43

This happened me last year and they eventually moved us but my DS (who had been sleeping fitfully throughout) woke fully and cried for hours in the new bedroom so moving didn't help us get any sleep sad. It's so annoying and thoughtless that they should locate you near the party room.

Anyway, hope you are all sleeping well by now.

MissPollysTrolleyed Sat 22-Sep-12 04:08:04

I'm not as I'm 38 weeks pregnant and insomniac sad.

G1nger Sat 22-Sep-12 06:51:27

Incidentally - Leicester? ;)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now