Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

To be a bit sad about the Olympics

(9 Posts)
theluckiest Fri 21-Sep-12 21:02:19

And that's it all over....yes, I know, huge expense, many people didn't give a monkeys (including me until I got proper sucked in to Olympicmania), yadda, yadda, yes, yes, I know....

BUT I am wafting about in my kitchen listening to the soundtrack from the opening ceremony (judge ye not) wearing fluffy slippers, the heating on and it's bloody sodding dark outside...

I am in mourning for the those halcyon early summer days of joy and happiness and people smiling and being positive and watching the news eager for lovely, happy celebratory things...

No? Just me? I'll get me coat (it's cold enough)...

OutragedAtThePriceOfFreddos Fri 21-Sep-12 21:05:14

Not just you, I'm right there with you.

I have got to the point today of collecting all the Olympic and Paralympic stuff up together and it's ready to go in the loft. sad

<sniff>

Liketochat1 Fri 21-Sep-12 21:06:51

I'm with you too. I really enjoyed watching the Olympics and the Paralympics. The children were really interested and enthusiastic too. I miss it.

RedBlanket Fri 21-Sep-12 21:10:41

I enjoyed it a lot more than I thought I would. We watched something every night and after the Paralympics finished it was back to the same old rubbish on tv.

LaurieFairyCake Fri 21-Sep-12 21:11:21

I loved it and have kept the Olympic spirit alive by taking up running - couch to 5k programme - its great fun smile

PoppyWearer Fri 21-Sep-12 21:11:44

YANBU.

It was flipping brilliant.

Have also been packing stuff away.

Luckily I've had DC1 starting school to take my mind off things, or I'd have been a sobbing wreck ever since.

<wipes away tear>

GetDownNesbitt Fri 21-Sep-12 21:12:26

I bought a Mandeville today.

Sniff.

Almandine Fri 21-Sep-12 21:19:19

Apparently DH is mourning the passing of the Olympics. hmm

He really, really wanted to go he now tells me. (Well he should have bought some tickets, then....)

You are both bonkerz. Get over it. grin

flinkystanny Sat 22-Sep-12 08:27:21

I know how you feel - felt really sad when the Olympics ended and then again when the Paralympics finished. Was a very magical time for the country. Keep watching bits of the opening ceremony on You Tube, sob

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now