Talk

Advanced search

AIBU for not knowing where I should park at the supermarket

(24 Posts)
CwtchesAndCuddles Fri 21-Sep-12 19:13:19

because with all the threads on here I'm not sure!

DS is 4 and has autism. He has a blue badge.

Should I park

A) in the parent and child spaces (near the disabled trolly)

B) in the disabled parking

It seems I'm going to upset people either way!

PeggyCarter Fri 21-Sep-12 19:14:46

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Sirzy Fri 21-Sep-12 19:15:06

Park wherever is best for your ds and ignore everyone else

PicklesThePottyMouthedParrot Fri 21-Sep-12 19:16:08

Yeah second that. Pick the best space for you from both bays.

hazeyjane Fri 21-Sep-12 19:16:34

If possible I would try and get the mythical 'free car', and park in both spaces, thus causing maximum pissed offness.

SauvignonBlanche Fri 21-Sep-12 19:17:44

Somebody will give you some hassle whatever you do.
Park where suits you best, or where there are spaces.

PeggyCarter Fri 21-Sep-12 19:18:10

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

Besom Fri 21-Sep-12 19:18:52

c) Just ignore any thread on here with parking in the title

trixymalixy Fri 21-Sep-12 19:19:22

Anywhere you like, however if there's a choice I would probably park in P&C leaving the disabled space free for disabled adults just in case.

PunkInDublic Fri 21-Sep-12 19:19:30

If you have a blue badge park wherever is easiest for you. Blue bays or P&C. That's what it's there for. Don't worry about anyone else. You need that badge for your son and you're using it for his benefit.

You'll probably never upset anyone, no one ever comes on AIBU to say they had an uneventful parking day, I parked in P&C today and all went well, used my BB today and all went well. You may get a skewed view from AIBU.

WithoutCaution Fri 21-Sep-12 19:21:35

My mum has a blue badge but she gets the evils from other badge holders for not looking disabled...

We have a big car and get the evils if we park in the P&C spaces - Even after the person giving the evils notices that we have a one year old...

So park where ever you like and perfect your death stare wink

CwtchesAndCuddles Fri 21-Sep-12 19:21:35

I usually park in P&T spaces because it is where they keep the two special trollies (I can find one if I'm lucky) and that makes life easier.

I have a child with autism, I'm used to dealing with people gawping and giving "advice" !!! lol

Besom Fri 21-Sep-12 19:22:11

And also ignore any thread with supermarket in the title. It all becomes too confusing and I always personally end up in some sort of existential crisis.

maddening Fri 21-Sep-12 19:24:59

But you fit in both categories so why would anyone be pissed off with you for parking anywhere?

elliejjtiny Fri 21-Sep-12 20:35:15

We fit both categories too (3 dc's aged 6, 4 and 1, 4 year old has blue badge). We usually park in whichever has the most spaces free.

Panzee Fri 21-Sep-12 20:37:35

Park across three spaces. smile

KentuckyFriedChildren Fri 21-Sep-12 20:48:15

As long as you don't park in the supermarket nobody should have anything to complain about smile

Socknickingpixie Fri 21-Sep-12 20:53:10

park where ever you want. im guessing you wouldnt dream of screaming and swearing at other car park ussers? as thats what the other p&c bb thread is about

SoleSource Fri 21-Sep-12 20:55:59

Lol kentucky

Park where you darn well please.

Mrsjay Fri 21-Sep-12 20:57:02

park in whichever space suits but P C with a blue badge some folk would explode if they saw it grin . It is nothing to do with anyone who parks where,

CwtchesAndCuddles Sat 22-Sep-12 07:30:40

When I park in the P&C I don't display the BB as ds is only 4, if I'm feeling a bit cheeky next time perhaps I will try displaying the BB too!!

BlueSkySinking Sat 22-Sep-12 07:36:49

Take your pick, it's up to you.

Galena Sat 22-Sep-12 08:31:39

We park wherever there are more spaces. don't display the BB if we're in P&C though. DD is 3. I am fat. I'm sure when I first get out of the car in a BB space, people think 'fat munter - she shouldn't have a BB!' then I get DD's cute pink wheelchair out and they change their minds. However, I've not had anyone say anything (YET!)

bumperella Sat 22-Sep-12 22:25:25

Pfft. Park where you need to.
WithoutCaution, I've a small car and get evils for parking in the P&C spaces, esp by people with big cars and no children..... there's no way to win, really!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now