Advertisement

loader

Talk

Advanced search

to want to rip dh head off

(34 Posts)
Pinkforever Fri 21-Sep-12 18:57:22

Dh amnounced last night that we wete getting tivo box and hd boxes in bedrooms.was told they were coming at 3 so kept kids out all day so as not to be in way.btw we previously had full sky package but git rid as couldnt afford it. Guy didnt turn up until half 5 then dh went in a sulk because i refused to let them drill holes in ceiling and run visible wire up the wall! Now got 3 guys here trying to sort it.i cant get kids to bed and all so dh can watch fucking footie! Btw did i mention we cant afford it...

Pinkforever Fri 21-Sep-12 19:08:14

Bump.

MamaMumrOrangeTheGolden Fri 21-Sep-12 19:10:12

<passes clamp> here it'll be easier to rip off if he isn't wriggling

aldiwhore Fri 21-Sep-12 19:11:55

Bit extreme to rip his actual head off.

But YANBU... unless he would be totally calm if you installed something equally as disruptive and pointless, and expensive. If he wouldn't, then I will hold the clamp for you.

SoleSource Fri 21-Sep-12 19:12:14

Errr cannot condone domestic violence but he dors seem to have a problem with budgeting. Cancel it.

Bilbobagginstummy Fri 21-Sep-12 19:13:12

Take out the fuses :-)
Much more satisfying.

MamaMumrOrangeTheGolden Fri 21-Sep-12 19:14:30

Oh yeah, I didn't mean to condone violence either ...<slinking away>

SoleSource Fri 21-Sep-12 19:16:08

Lol Orange your post was LOL xxx

MamaMumrOrangeTheGolden Fri 21-Sep-12 19:17:46

grin ok then let's think of creative and non violent ways that op can avenge her ruined day!

Pinkforever Fri 21-Sep-12 19:19:47

They are still here! Problem fixing some power thing in living room and then the thing will take 12 hours to actually work! I am sat in our horrible kitchen trying to entertain a knackered 2 year old.i lnow my post was light hearted but actually feel like crying.

puds11 Fri 21-Sep-12 19:20:24

Unless he's a prawn YABU

SoleSource Fri 21-Sep-12 19:21:26

How tbe fuck can he justify all thst equipment if you are broke?

He did this behind your back?

PunkInDublic Fri 21-Sep-12 19:21:44

Have you told DH you don't want this and you can't afford it? Or is this usual behavior and you're saving your breath?

MamaMumrOrangeTheGolden Fri 21-Sep-12 19:25:17

Can you let the engineer know that if he'll be longer than 15 minutes you'll have to get him to come back?
Where us DH?

Pinkforever Fri 21-Sep-12 19:27:40

I said to him we cant afford it and he replied it not costing owt.he obviously thinks my head buttons up the back! We had a bit of a domestic on front of the tv engineer! His attitude is he earns the cash so can spend it how he likes.

MamaMumrOrangeTheGolden Fri 21-Sep-12 19:29:41

He can NOT! That's shitty of him!
No wonder you are very pissed off and upset!

Pinkforever Fri 21-Sep-12 19:33:47

He will be furious and in a bad mood when guy leaves but i dont give a fuck.apparently engineer now telling him theres another problem.fuck sake!

GateGipsy Fri 21-Sep-12 19:33:59

tell him he's perfectly right, it is his money he can spend it how he likes and here's your invoice for your housekeeping and childcare based on going rates in your area and he has 15 days to pay.

GateGipsy Fri 21-Sep-12 19:34:48

You can even be reasonable if you like and present the invoice just for HIS half of the childcare and how much it would cost if you had to pay a housekeeper.

clam Fri 21-Sep-12 19:43:45

Stuff the Tivo. Your problem is a dh who thinks the family money is his because he "earns it." You are enabling him to "earn it" by taking care of his kids and keeping his house running. Ask him if he'd like to swap.

ihearsounds Fri 21-Sep-12 19:44:08

But if its costing nowt bollocks then he should be reminded that it doesn't matter if he earns the money or not.

Pinkforever Fri 21-Sep-12 19:48:17

Guys just left thank god. Dh now trying to placate me by telling me he will tidy up all the wires that are lying everywhere-he has been promising this for the past 3 years so I wont hold my breath!

One of the reasons I am so upset is that our house is a fucking disgrace. The bathroom and kitchen are about 30 years old and literally falling to bits-holes in ceilings,walls etc. Boiler is knackered and we only get lukewarm water. Yet he keeps saying that we cant afford it when I ask when are we ever going to sort it out.

But can spend money on shite! I dont have any access to "his" money btw-dont get me started on that...

PunkInDublic Fri 21-Sep-12 20:00:23

Hot water is something everyone should have access too if they have children. What do you do for bath times?

I don't blame you for being upset. Do you have access to money for your needs and for the children?

Pinkforever Fri 21-Sep-12 20:22:30

The water is hot enough for the kids to have a bath-just! . Our shower broke four years ago and we cant replace it as need the whole bathroom ripped out and rewired/plumbed which of course he keeps saying we cant afford!

The only money I have is the cb which I use to pay for school dinners,kids clothes-though he will pay for the big stuff like shoes and coats-my clothes/toiletries etc and anything else for the kids-ie treats,acitvities etc. If I run out of the cb then I have to ask him for money and I usually get £10-not joking! the kids are off for the september weekend and I told him I would need extra cash as dont get the cb for another week. I got a lot of sighing and puffing and got given £20!

I have posted about him before and got good advice but I am just too much of a wuss to walk away from the marriage even though I know it isnt right....

MamaMumrOrangeTheGolden Fri 21-Sep-12 20:27:12

sad pink that's not good. I thought the hot water had to be hot enough to get rid of bacteria in the system ...
It's so NOT ok that he controls your finances.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now